s e v e n

Tyler is leaned against the door frame, arms crossed firmly across his chest. "So when did you start again?" He asks.

"Monday, I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my entire life!" I say and he chuckles.

"I remember my first day as a professional photographer," He says, "I was scared shitless."

I nod, not bothering to say anything as I know my job is entirely different from his.

"Our reservations are at six, babe, we're going to be late," He says as I put in my silver earrings.

"I know, sorry. Just let me..." I grab a tube of lip gloss and swipe it across my lips. "There. Let's go,"

Tyler smiles and I follow him out of the apartment, locking the door behind me. It's saturday night, and Tyler finally has time off work. I'm glad I have time to spend with him before heading back to work. The rest of the week went by pretty fast, and Calum and I started to get closer. I enjoyed talking to Matilda and Skylar, too. I've done my best to ignore Luke, and I think he's been ignoring me too. I'm still mad at him for what he said after I helped him. Why does he have to be so god damnbed ungreatful?

We get into Tyler's car and I lean back in my seat. The night is crisp, but not too cold. Good thing we will be sitting indoors.

"Chilly out," Tyler comments as we're driving along.

"Yeah," I agree, "How cold does it usually get in Winter?"

"Depends," He says, " Sometimes it snows, but not always. It does get pretty close to freezing though."

I shiver, "I hope my place has good heating."

Tyler chuckles, "Yeah."

The rest of the drive is silent as I look out of the window, watching as the lights of the cuty pass me by.

"Sydney really is beautiful at night," I muse.

"Mmhm," Tyler says as he drums his fingers on the steering wheel.

I look over at him. From the very first time we met, I always thought he was very attractive. He has dark brown hair that is usually styled into a quiff, and bright blue eyes.

"So... Where are we going?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"A nice place along the harbour, the water is beatiful at night.''

I nod. I hate how Tyler and I always run out of things to talk about. I open my mouth to say something, but he beats me to it.

"Here we are," He says, pulling the car to a stop. I close my mouth and get out the car, following him into the restaurant.

The hostess seats us by the window and I gaze in awe at the harbour. The water laps against the cement wall, and I can see the lights from the scyscrapers on the other wide of the river. Tyler deosn't give in a second glance as his eyes search over the menu.

I open my own menu and skim down the list. I notice the high prices on all the dishes and hope that Tyler lets me pay for my own, I couldn't ask him to pay for such an expensive bill.

Just as we're about to order, Tyler's phone buzzes. He picks it up with lightning speed and his eyes scan over the text message.

"Shit," he curses.

"What?"

"I have to go back to the studio. Someone left the dark room a complete mess and I need to go fix it up. Sorry babe," He half smiles. "Can I get a rain check?"

I look at him, horrified. "Ty, how am I supposed to get home?"

"I'm really sorry Las, I'll make it up to you, I swear. I just really have to go-" He gathers his things and begins to stand from the table.

"But-"

"I'm sorry, I have to go-"

I clench my jaw, "Fine."

"Alaska, don't be upset," He says and his eyes soften slightly.

"How can I not be? Saturday is supposed to be your night off."

"I can't help it if they need me because someone bloody trashed the place!" He says, growing a bit angrier.

"Okay, sorry." I sigh.

He smiles and leans over to kiss me lightly on the lips. "I'll see you tomorrow", he says. I watch as he quickly makes his way through the restaurant and out the doors into the darkness.

I cross my arms over my chest. How am I supposed to get home? I can't help but be mad at Ty for this. Don't they have other workers they could call?

I gather my things and get up to leave, apologizing to the hostess and walking outside into the cold air.

I lean against the wall and begin to think of who I could call to come and pick me up. I really don't know who to call, because I barely know anyone here. I guess I coul call Calum, I'm sure that he would help.

I sigh. Sometimes Tyler is just so... ugh.

My eyes travel to a bar across the street. I can hear the music pounding from the buildng, and the hearty laughs emitting from the drunken people inside.

I watch as someone walks out of the bar, hands in their pockets. I squint as I look at them. No. It can't be.

I quickly turn on my heel to go back into the restaurant, but it is too late.

"Alaska!"