e i g h t

I slowly turn and meet the eyes of Luke as he crosses the street, a large smirk planted on his face. 

"Hi," I say coldly, clenching my jaw.

"What are you doing out here all alone?" He says, his tone taunting. 

I cross my arms across my chest, "I don't need your shit right now," I say, "So if you could leave me alone that would be ideal."

Luke's smirk grows. "Where's the boyfriend?" He asks, ignoring my comments. 

"Just leave me alone please," I say, trying to contain my anger.

"Something tells me you need a ride home, Allie." 

My head snaps up, "Don't call me that." flashes of horrible memories begin to surface, but I push them back down. 

"What, Allie?" 

"Stop it," I say. 

"Well, personally, I like 'Allie' very much."

"Go away."

"Come on Allie, I'll give you a ride. But that means you'll have to owe me."

"I am not riding home with you."

"Alright then, who's your ride?"

"Calum," I lie.

"Bullshit," Luke says, "Calum wouldn't be able to pick you up."

"Why not?" 

"He's..." He trails off, breaking my gaze. "He's busy." Luke's demeanor shifts and I cock my head, curiosity bubbling inside me. 

"How would you know that I even need a ride?" I retort.

Luke looks back at me, grinning. This is the first time I have ever seen Luke without a scowl on his face, let alone a smile. It's quite beautiful, really. He has dimples and everything! "I can tell," He says, still smiling slightly. 

"Come on," He says, turning on his heel to cross the street. When I don't move, he looks back over his shoulder at me. "Or you could stay out here in the cold." 

I know my options are limited, and I'd rather choke myself with my bare hands than spend time with Luke, but I roll my eyes and follow him across the street anyway. 

He smirks when he sees I'm following him. We walk to the parking lot of the bar and Luke stops at a sleek, black range rover. Luke unlocks it and I get into the passenger seat, looking out the window as he starts the car. 

"So let me guess," Luke says, turning to face me. "Camera boy stood you up?" 

I roll my eyes, "Wrong."

"Or did he leave in the middle of dinner? Shit, that's heartless." He says, smirking at my clenched jaw. 

"You would know."

"I'm offended," He says in mock hurt, "You think I'm heartless."

"Well, considering the first time we met, you told me to keep the noise down when I wasn't even making any." I bite back.

Luke smirks, "It was for future reference."

"Right."

"Your file was very interesting," Luke says, changing the subject. "Native to Perth, yes?"

"I'm not talking to you."

"I'm doing you a favor here, Allie." He says, seeming satisfied with the fact that he managed to get me into his car. 

"Stop calling me that."

"No, I don't think I will, Allie."

I roll my eyes.