t h i r t y e i g h t

I stare up at Tyler, my eyes damp, completely apalled by his actions.

Luke's eyes ignite with rage as he steps forward to shove Tyler backwards. 

"How dare you treat her like that," he sneers, fear takes place of anger on Tyler's face as he hits the wall.

I seem glued to my place as I watch the events commencing before me. 

"I know you want her," Tyler snarls, recovering from his anger. "I know you've been after her since--"

"You're wrong," Luke snaps. "Alaska and I are only friends."

"Oh, I'm wrong, am I?" A wicked smile spreads it's way onto Tyler's face. "Don't even lie, you're so full of--"

"You don't know shit, photo boy. And if you'd like to keep your pretty face in tact, I strongly advise you to shut your fucking mouth." Luke's voice is low, rough, threatning.

"Right, I'm sure the accountant here can really do shit to my face," Tyler taunts, and Luke steps closer to him. 

"Hey Tyler, you really think you're that great?" Luke asks, and leans forward to whisper in Tyler's ear. "At least get some from your girlfriend."

Tyler's reaction matches mine; shocked. I don't know if I should be angry or find this amusing. Well, I guess Tyler and I were definately over anyway, so I don't see what the problem is. 

"I want your despicable ass out of here. Now," Luke threatens. 

Tyler turns to face me. "Alaska? Come on, we can work this out."

"Are you kidding?" I scoff. "You treat me like complete shit by lying to me, forgetting about me, getting drunk when you're supposed to be at work! I cheated on you, for god's sake! This is never going to work, Tyler!" 

Tyler looks between Luke and I. "Alright, I'll get out of here," he says, his voice having an edge that sends chills down my spine in the worst way possible. "But I know something that you would much rather keep secret. So watch your backs." And when he says those last four words, my blood runs cold. 

Tyler grimaces at us one last time before disappearing into the stairwell, his angry footsteps echoing as he descends down the stairs. 

Luke looks over at me. "Are you alright?" He asks quietly.

I nod and push my hair out of my face. I've never felt so weak. I've always wanted to be strong, and independent, but I suppose that's just one of my tragic flaws. I'm scared of being alone. 

"Come on," Luke says, pointing towards his apartment. "I have mars bars and seven eleven tea."

I go to laugh at his weird sense of humor; making jokes at a time like this. But I don't. I shut my eyes for a moment, a headache brewing in the back of my skull. "My relationship with Tyler sucked... but, I just feel really alone right now, and I--"

Luke looks up into my eyes, a sad smile on his lips. "You don't know alone like I do, Alaska."