s i x t y f i v e

And you will never know, just how beautiful you are to me.
But maybe I'm just in love when you wake me up.
-----
"Call Jamie, someone call Jamie," Calum says quickly as we all stare in shock at our phones.

Luke quickly dials Jamie's number, putting his phone to his ear.

"Jamie, where are you?"

He breathes out a sigh of relief. "Come back, right away," he asks before hanging up.

"Is he alright?" I ask.

"He's fine, he got out of Ivory a few minutes ago, he's on his way," Luke says as he sits back down.

If we were on edge before, we are now ten times more anxious. Ashton and Michael are playing a silent game of cards, and Calum is lighting a cigarette.

"Pass me one," Luke says to Calum and he hands him a cigarette.

"Alaska?" Luke asks and I shake my head.

"Are you sure? Becuase you stole mine last time," Luke smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Fine."

Calum hands me a cigarette and lights both mine and Luke's. I bring the smoke to my lips, inhaling slowly. I feel the nicotene course through my blood stream, calming me down just a bit.

By the time Jamie knocks on the door, the air is heavy with angst and cigarette smoke. I've busied myself with watching Luke smoke--the way he breathes in slowly, his pink lips surrounding the cigarette and then parting as he breathes out. He catches me looking at him and smirks.

I quickly put my own smoke to my lips, looking away and blushing.

He puts his hand on my thigh as Calum lets Jamie into the apartment.

I wish Blackwater Enterprises didn't have to endanger us, everything would be so much easier.

"You alright?" Calum asks Jamie as he sits back down.

"I'm fine, but you might now be," Jamie says.

I stiffen. "What do you mean?" I lose the desire to smoke and throw my cigarette butt in the ashtray on the coffee table.

"Drew's pissed at you. Beyond pissed. He's planning something on the twentieth. And I tell you, it's not just the party."

My heart pounds. My nightmare surfaces in my brain, along with the silver pistol. Isabel's seductive eyes and Tyler's evil smirk swim through my mind.

I can tell Luke's thinking the same thing as his fingers dig into the skin on my thigh.

"We can't go to that party," Luke says.

"Luke's right. He's obviously got some grand scheme planned," Ashton agrees.

Everyone begins talking then about not going and breaking into Ivory or something, but I shake my head.

"No," I say, and all eyes turn to me. "We have to go to that party."

Luke stares at me. "Are you insane? That's just want he wants, Alaska, he--"

"Think about it," I say. "We could turn this around, we've alread got Adams on our side. Drew is obviously going to be there, and if he's away from Ivory then he's distracted."