s e v e n t y o n e

'Say something I'm giving up on you,

I'll be the one if you want me to.'

-----

Luke instinctively steps in front of me, his arm extending to hold me back.

We had been in there for an hour at least, without so much as a text from Calum or anyone else at Ivory. Luke and I had barely spoken before i made my vow to him. I had asked him if we could have gone anywhere else other than here, but he shook his head, saying we needed to be where the rest could get to us.

The weight of my promise to Luke is heavy on my shoulders as I look around to see who broke the door down.

It's Calum, his skin damp with swean and his features stressed.

"Could you have honestly bolted that any tighter?" He asks, panting.

"What the hell is going on?" Luke demands, his arm lowering from in front of me.

"We need to move, fast. They're on their way here."

"Drew?"

"Drew, Tyler and Andrea."

"Why didn't you just call?"

"No time, they're having a hard time at Ivory so I had to move quickly."

"Where do we go?" I ask.

"Ivory. We'll depart from there."

"Fuck," Luke curses, running a hand through his hair. "Let's get moving, then."

I look at the ground as we hurriedly exit the apartment, Luke's hand finding mine and squeexing.

We decide against the elevator and take the steps down, my pumps clicking on the concrete steps. I push a lock of hair out of my face as we reach the ground floor. I have no idea what to expect, and frankly, I'm scared shitless.

We step out into the cold, Calum walking a few steps ahead of Luke and I. I continue to focus on the ground, my heart pounding.

The sky is dark, stars beginning to show. It's hard to make them out with all the city lights around, but a few shine through. I'm reminded of when Luke took me to that open field to see the billions of shining stars. It was such a beautiful moment--- I would do anything to go back there.

Suddenly, Calum stops. 

"Shit," he hisses.

I look up and lock eyes with a smirking Andrea.

She stands slightly behind Drew, Tyler to her side. My breath hitches in my throat, and I feel Luke drop my hand.

"Going somewhere?" Drew asks, raising an eyebrow.

We stand in the parking lot, a black car parked to the side that I can only assume is the vehicle the three came here in.

"We have quite a bit to discuss," Drew says. "But not in such an... open area."

"No, we were just leaving," Luke says through gritted teeth.

Drew raises an eyebrow. "Don't worry, it will only take a second.

My nightmares surface in my brain once again as Calum and Luke reluctantly follow the other three into a nearby alley.

What is it with these people and alleyways?

We finally stop walking and I look up to face them again, my breathing uneven.

"What do you want?" Calum snaps.