t w e n t y t w o

I'm sat in my living room, eating dinner and watching TV. It's Sunday night, and I haven't talked to either Luke or Tyler since Saturday morning. I met Skylar for coffee this morning, and we walked around the Sydney harbour and went to a cute café along one of Sydney's main streets. Honestly, I'm glad I have a friend like Skylar. 

I have to make amends with Tyler, but I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to do that. I've tried calling him four times, and I keep getting voicemail.

I'm extremely angry with Luke, though. Bipolar little shit. He was so rude to me yesterday morning, when the night before we were laughing over tea at three a.m. I like Luke when he's open like that, it makes me want to know him better adn possible even become friends. It seems as though whenever I start to believe he's actually a decent person, he proves me wrong acts like a jerk. 

I've been slightly wary about going out alone these past few days, even though I know I shouldn't be. Ashton and Michael, the two guys who stopped me on the street on Friday night, still haunt my thoughts. Who were they? What did they want? What does Luke have to do with them? Why were they after me? What did Luke mean when he said he was an 'accountant'?

I try to escape from the thousands of questions that pester me, but it's useless. I know if I follow Luke after work again, someone will probably catch us and then we will both be in a load of trouble. If only there was some oher way...

Luke found out alot about me by my file. Maybe if I could get ahold of his file, I could get some answers. Maybe not about the two guys and 'the numbers', but maybe a bit about his background. 

No, that's insane. Am I really that desperate for information I would sneak into Adams' office for Luke's file, and risk my job?

Apparently so. 

The idea sparks inside me like a firework. Tomorrow at work, I will need an excuse as to why I have to go to Adams' office and look throught Luke's file without being caught. How on Earth will I be able to do that?

I've never been very stealthy, and I don't break the rules very often. But I know if I don't get answers soon, I might just explode. 

I text Tyler, asking if he wants to come over. I know he probably won't text back, but I decide that I really don't care. If he doesn't want to try and fix this relationship, then so be it. 

Surprisingly, I get a text back, saying he'll be here in ten minutes. I can't say I'm not nervous. What if Tyler dumps me?

I shouldn't care if he dumps me. And yet somehow, I do. 

There's a knock at the door and I swing it open. Tyler shakes the rain from his hair and makes his way inside, choving his hands in his pockets. 

"It's brutal out there," he comments. 

I nod as he takes off his jacket, draping it over the couch. 

"Can I get you something?" I ask. "Water? Coffee?"

"No, it's fine."

I nod and lean against the back of the couch. 

"So..." he starts.

"I'm sorry!" I rush out. "I don't know what came over me, and I really don't want this to be the end of us."

Tyler sighs and looks out the window. We've never really fought before, so this is all new to us. 

"I don't want it to end, either," he says and I breathe out a sigh of relief. "I guess I was just shocked. I mean, I found you at Luke's place, and you said you hated him."

"I do," I say, trying to convince myself aswell as him. "He was just doing me a favor."

Tyler nods. "Alright," he says, and I wrap my arms around his neck, nuzzling my face into his chest. I'm so glad we didn't part ways. Even though Ty and I had our differences, he gaze me a sense of security which I liked. 

"I just... Ty, I think you need to think about me more," I say, looking up at him. "I just don't think you care about me as much as I care about you."

"I'm sorry, Alaska. You're right."

"Can you pick me up from work tomorrow?" I ask. I know I must seem like an idiot to even ask, but I want to give him a chance to redeem himself. 

"Yeah," he says. "I promise."