s i x t y o n e

'Do I wanna know if this feeling flows both ways?

Sad to see you go, was sort of hoping that you'd stay.'

-----

I wake up nestled in Luke's arms, his warm breath fanning onto my forehead.

I could stay like this forever.

Unfortunately, we have work, and I don't know where Luke and I stand.

Weeks ago he told me I meant nothing to him, yet here we are, tangled together in his bed.

Should I wait for Luke to wake up?

I decide against it and gently untangle myself from him, sliding out of bed.

I grab my key from his nightstand and carefully tiptoe out of his apartment.

I shower and blow dry my hair, slipping into a lavender blouse and grey skirt. I slide on my pumps and grab my keys and phone, almost late for work.

I arrive just in time, dropping my things onto my desk and sighing.

"Morning Alaska," Skylar calls to me from her desk in HR and I smile at her.

Events from the night before begin to flood back to me as I open the manila folder sitting on my desk.

"Alaska."

I look up into the angry, blazing eyes of Luke.

I furrow my brow. "What?"

He clenches his jaw. "Roof. Now."

"No, I'm--"

"Now."

I rise from me seat, confusedly following Luke up the stairs. He walks briskly, his long strides hard for me to keep up with. I can almost seem anger radiating off of him, although I have no idea why.

We finally reach the roof. The air is quite cold, but I can tell Luke's temper is too hot for him to notice.

"What the hell was that!?" He shouts.

I step back, utterly scared and confused. "Wh-what?"

"You left without telling me! Do you know how fucking worried I was!?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This morning, I woke up and you were gone. I thought something happened, and you didn't even have the decency to leave a goddamn note!"

I flinch as hel yells at me, his voice loud and his eyes abkaze.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd care," I say softly.

"Why would I not care!" I was so worried." He tugs at his hair, like I've come to know he does when he's stressed.

"I'm sorry, Luke," I say again. He's probably right, I shouldn't gave left without telling him. I know if our rolls were reversed, I'd be acting just as he is.

He nods, sighing and sticking his hands into his pockets.

"We should go somewhere," Luke says.

"What? We have work, though."

"So?"

"So, we can't just ditch. There are our jobs, Luke, not high school."

"Come on, it's just one day. Unless... you're too much of a goody-goody." He smiles slyly.