f i f t y t w o

My first response to Luke's kiss is to pull away.

But so many thoughts flood my mind--the way he looked at me, how he's letting me stay here, how I even admitted to myself that I have fallen for him. 

And I remember I'm not dating Tyler anymore--hell, Tyler's the reason I'm here, instead of my apartment across the hall.

So I let go of regular Alaska who is bitching at me in my mind, and I wrap my arms around Luke's neck.

And I let myself go.

I let him lift me and set me gently on my back on his bed as he peppers soft kisses down my neck. I let myself twirl my fingers in his soft hair, running my fingertips through the delicate blonde quiff. I let myself giggle when he nips at my earlobe, and he laughs too. I let myself shiver when he bites down gently on my neck. I let myself flutter my eyes shut when his lips find mine again, his tongue slipping delicately into my mouth. I let my heart beat rapidly, overwhelmed by Luke and his intoxicating kiss. 

Regular Alaska is dead and gone. 

When we pull away, Luke's blazing blue eyes still bore into mine as he rests his forehead against mine. I shut my eyes, breathing him in. 

"I don't know why I did that," he whispers, his voice huskier tha nnormal.

"I don't mind."

He smiles a bit. "I actually came in here to tell you I was finished making dinner."

This causes me to laugh, which makes him laugh too. He pushes himself off me, offering me his hand to help me up off the bed. 

I can't help but compare this kiss to our first, outside the casino-like place where he took me to play poker with his friends. I had pushed him away then, with thoughts of Tyler in my mind. After that, he had distanced himself from me, and probably hate me more--but now, he's smiling at me like we've been friends for years. 

I wonder if he'll speak of this kiss again, like he never did with the other one. 

I follow Luke into the living room where he hands me a plate of food--chicken, to be exact. 

We sit on the couch, our thighs almost touching as Luke flips through the channels on the TV.

Yet again, the air has changed between us. Maybe there was sexual tension about beforehand, and the kiss we shared cleared up some of that. 

"All the shows on are shitty," Luke criticizes. 

"Just pick one," I groan.

"Fine."

He flips the channel again and it lands on a rerun of The Big Bang Theory.

"Oh my god!" We both shout. 

We look at each other, and both laugh.

"Let me guess," Luke says. "Your favourite show is The Big Bang Theory."

"It is," I say, smirking. "And let me guess; it's your favourite too."

"Right you are, Alaska."

Luke and I seem to be similar in such odd, wonderful ways.

"I've seen this one," we both say simultaneiously and laugh again. 

"Alright, we've got to stop that," I say.

"Agreed."

We finish eating and just sit and watch the show, laughing and commenting every so often.

I look over at Luke, the light of the TV reflecting in his eyes. His lips are upturned in a small smile as he watches the show, his dimples only showing slightly.

Toxic Lips [l.h]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें