s i x t y f o u r

'I found a reason for me to change who i used to be,
A reason to start over new.
And the reason is you.'
-----
My eyes flutter open and I come face to face with Luke. He is still asleep, of course, but still as beautiful as ever.

Events from the night before swim through my mind

Luke loves me.

Luke loves me.

It still seems hard for me to believe, but O don't questions it. I'm lucky, so lucky to possess his love.

His arm wraps around me, and I look up to see his eyes still closed. I scoot back so I can admire his tattoos.

I trace over the quote on the top of his shoulder, and then further down to the small music note on his wrist.

A childish giggle escapes his lips, and I jump because I had no idea he was even awake.

"That tickles," he says, his eyes still closed but his mouth in a wide smile.

I smile and cuddle closer to him, nestling my body into his chest. His other arm tightens around me and he sighs deeply.

"It's almost ten," I say.

"So?" He asks, his voice raspier from sleep.

"Don't we have things to do?"

"No."

I roll my eyes. "Are we just going to pretend that we didn't get that threatning text from Drew last night?"

"Don't shit on the party, Alaska."

I sigh, fighting a smirk. He sees and laugh slightly.

"We'll figure it our," he says more seriously. "I'll call Cal about it later."

A moment later, Luke's phone buzzes from the nightstand.

"For the love of God," he groans, pulling away from me and reaching for the phone.

"What," he snaps into it.

A frown forms on his face. "Yes, we both got the text... No, she's with me... God, no body's tried to come here, alright?... Okay see you soon. Bye."

He drops the phone onto the bed, rubbing his eyes in stress.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Ash," he says. "They all got the text, but that doesn't make sense."

"How could Drew have known?"

"He couldn't have," Luke says. He pauses for a moment before sitting up straight, eyes wide and jaw clenched. "Unless they've got an insider at Capitol."

"Who?" I ask, brows furrowed.

"I don't know, but we need to be more careful from now on."

I nod, biting my lip.

"Anyway, we have to be at Calum's in an hour," Luke says, pulling himself out of bed.

I groan and get out of bed, too. "I hate Drew."

Luke smirks at me from across the room. "Join the club," he says.

I catch sight of his phone in his hand. "Your phone is still cracked?"