e l e v e n

The more I encounter Luke, the more I realize Tyler is right. I should stay away from him. However, living across the hall and sitting by him at work doesn't help. 

I walk down the hall to my apartment, fishing for my keys in my pocket. It was a long day at work. I finished editing twelve songs and wrote one. Skylar and Calum were flirting the whole lunch hour, and I just wanted to take their heads and mash them together already. It's painfully obvious how much they like each other. 

When I can't find my keys in my pocket, I open it wider to look inside. I check all my pockets before groaning. I've lost my keys. 

I find my car keys, of course, but not my apartment keys. Just my luck. 

I go on my phone to find the number of a locksmith and dial the number. The locksmith informs me that he will be here in half an hour and I thank him before hanging up. I pace outside my apartment, trying to find a way to pass the time. 

Just as I am about to go down to my car to perhaps go out for dinner, the door to Luke's apartment opens and he steps out. 

Of course. 

"Allie," he greets. "I thought I heard you out here."

"Fine, I'll keep the noise down," I snap, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning agaist the door to my apartment. 

"Locked out?" He asks, humour evident in his voice and eyes. He wears a red flanel and ripped, black skinny jeans. He must have changed out of his work clothes. A cocky smile is plastered on his lips. 

"Yes," i grimace. 

Luke bites his lip to keep himself from laughing and I roll my eyes. So mature. 

"Go ahead, laugh." I say.

Luke shakes his head, "No, there is absolutely nothing funny about this." He says, trying to hide his smile but failing as a dimple pops into one of cheeks. 

I roll my eyes again. 

"Allie, if you roll your eyes too much, they might roll out of your head." Luke says, leaning back against his door, mirroring my stance. 

"What do you want, anyway?" I ask. 

Luke shruge, "I thought you might want some company."

"Well, you thought wrong."

"Oh, lighten up, Allie."

"Stop calling me--"

"Nope."

"Can you leave me alone?"

"Nope."

"Why not?" I groan. Any company would be better than Luke's.

"Because this is just too much fun."

"What, making me miserable?"

"No, counting how many times you roll your eyes."

As if to back him up, I roll my eyes without thinking and he laughs. 

"Just go back into your apartment," I snap.

"Harsh. Take a chill pill, Allie."

"No," I say, checknig the time on my phone to see when the locksmith will be getting here.

"Want to play a game?" Luke asks.

"No."

"How about would you rather?"

"No."

"I'll start," Luke says. "Would you rather fall off a cliff or be eaten by a tiger?"

"I;m not playing."

"Personally, I'd choose the cliff--"

"I don't care."

"--Because you wouldn't necessarily die."

"Stop it."

"C'mon Allie, why don't you want to play?"

"Because I hate you!" I yell, anger bubbling inside me.

Luke looks taken back by my response, and his eyes turn cold, jaw clenching. "You really are bitchy, you know that Alaska?"

I glare at him. "Well, maybe if you weren't such an annoying prick, then I wouldn't be so bitchy!"

"Look, I was just trying to keep you company."

"No, you were looking for anexcuse to annoy the shit out of me and make me upset. I know you well enough by now, Luke."

Luke laughs dryly. "You know me by now? Guess again, Allie. Because you don't know shit." He says,  turning on his heel and stalks back into his apartment, slamming the door behind him.

The locksmith ends up coming forty minutes later. I complain and end up getting a discount. I thank the man after he unlock the door, practically falling on the couch with exhaustion from work and fighting with Luke. He has so much nerve, honestly. 

I hate him.