f i f t y o n e

"U-uncle?" I manage to stammer, staring at Tyler in disbelief.

Luke steps in front of me. "What do you want?" He snaps at Tyler.

"We need to speak to Alaska. That's all." A wicked grin spreads across Tyler's face. It's hard for me to believe this is the same boy that asked me out for dinner a few months ago; the smart, nice photography intern.

"What do you wantt to speak to her about?"

"I believe you know exactly what we want to speak to her about."

My heart drops to my feer.

I step around Luke so I can see his face. "You knew," I breathe in realization. "You knew Tyler was--was--"

"Alaska, I'm counting to three," Tyler says, cutting me off before Luke could respond. "And you'd better come with me."

"And if I don't?"

Tyler laughs darkly.

"She's not going anywhere."

I whirl around to see where the voice came from, seeing Calum standing at the top of the stairs with his arms across his chest.

Tyler turns around, a smirk spreading across his face. "Oh, what do we have here?"

Someone else steps into the stairwell. I recognize the fact and curly hair as Ashton's.

"A big, fat can of whoop-ass," Ashton says, smirking.

Luke smirks as well, running his tongue across his lip ring.

I feel confused, but I'm intrigued by the turn of events.

Does this mean Luke, Calum and Ashton are rebelling?

Calum and Ashton walk down the stairs to stand by me and Luke. Ashton winks at me.

"Alright boys," Tyler says. "If this is how shit's going to go, so be it. I think you're forgetting the power Blackwater Enterprises holds."

"We;re the ones dealing with the money that goes to Drew, and without us Blackwater Enterprises isn't shit," Luke spits.

"You're wrong," Tyler sneers.

"No, he's not," Calum says. "He's completely right."

"What I'm wondering here, is how a little fuck like you managed to date Alaska," Ashton says.

Luke, Calum and Ashton chuckle lightly as Tyler locks his jaw.

"I'm wondering the same thing," I say and Luke catches my eye. I feel like melting under his heavy, approving gaze.

Tyler takes a step forward and grips my wrist, yanking me towards him. I try to pull away, but he's too strong.

Luke moves instantly, but Calum holds him back.

"Stop," I say to Tyler. "I don't know what you want fro, me, but you're sure as hell not getting it," I spit at him.

"Wrong again, Allie," Tyler says, beginning to tug me back up the stairs.

Adrenaline rushes through me as I reach up and slap him across the face, hard. Perhaps even harder that what he did to me thr night we broke up. And it feels damn good. I yank my arm away from him and step back next to Luke.

I feel Luke's warm hand press to my lower back, almost protectively.

Tyler clutches his cheek in pain, his gaze venemous.

Ashton and Calum, meanwhile, are cracking up at Tyler's pain.

"Good hit," Luke says in my ear, I can tell he's smirking.