Chapter 2

"Hey, Sage...Are you awake?" A familiar voice asks. I squint my eyes and groan because of the bright lights. "Mitch..? I'm I gonna die?" I huff. He chuckles, "No, I don't think so." I try and shift around in the bed I'm in. "Where are we?" I say looking around. Mitch is sitting on a chair beside the bed looking tired. "You got a concussion...we're at the hospital." My eyes go wide, "The hospital? No I can't be here! I have a game tonight! We have to get out of here!!" "You're not going anywhere...you need to recover from your injury." I grunt and slump back in bed. "It won't be to long...but your gonna have to stay with me for a while. He says. "What? Whyy?" I groan. He yawns, "Because, you can't be walking around and living alone with a concussion. Are you crazy?" I roll my eyes, "How did I get here anyway?" "Well, you and your teammate were doing some drill in practise and she knocked you down...well...more like hammered you down. Then you coach called me and we brought you here. I've been here all night by the way so you better appreciate me more, especially because we'll be living together for quite some time." "You said it wont be to long!" I wince. "We'll have to see what the doctor says." He shrugs. I sigh and lightly touch my head. "Stop, don't do that." Mitch says, in disgust. "Your not my mom." I mock. He rolls his eyes.

Suddenly the door opens and in walks a guy with a long white coat. "Hello everyone, I'm doctor Carrney." He says taking a seat on the other side of the bed. He looks at some of the equipment and nods his head. "I see, you definitely have a concussion." "How long before I can play sports again?" I ask. He adjusts his glasses and thinks out loud. "Well, you should be grateful. It could have been so much worse than what it actually is. You would have to come for a check up in two weeks and if your good, then you can do....whatever it is you kids do these days." I give him a smile, "Thank you." "No problem young lady, oh you also shouldn't be by your self for long periods of time...but I guess that won't be a problem. It seems like this wonderful guy of yours will take good care of you." He chuckles. Me and Mitch look at each other in disgust. "Umm actually we're cousins..." Mitch says trying to sound polite. "Oh I see, pardon me." Doctor Carrney says. He gets up slowly, "You two are free to leave when ever you like." "Ok thank you." I say as he walks out the door. "Ok so...what's the plan Mitch?" He shrugs, "The boys are at my place now, they probably want to meet you."

Okay I know it sounds weird, but I've never really met the maple leafs before...I mean I'm a huge fan of them and seen them play before, but I've never really met them in person. I nod, "I'm down to meet them." He nods, "Yea only a few are over." "Who" I ask. He pulls out his phone, "Auston, Kappy, john, and I think willy is to." I smile, "Willy's there?" He looks up from his phone and raises and eyebrow, "Yeah...maybe....why?" "Oh I dunno." I say. Oh yes I do know. I've been wanted to meet William Nylander since like, forever. Ughhh...He's so cute. "When do you wanna leave?" Mitch asks. I shurg, "We can go now if you want." He nods, "Aight lets gooo."

He helps me get out of the bed and stand up. I wince and sit back down, "You okay Sage?" "I don't know." I rub my head. "Hey we don't have to leave just yet ya know. Just breathe." Mitch says. I nod, "Alright." After a few minutes, I try to stand again and my head slightly hurts less. "Okay I'm ready." I say. "Here lean on me." Mitch says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I lean on his chest and we walk to the parking lot. I smile when he leads me to a red corvette, "When in hell did you buy a corvette?" He chuckles, "Not long ago." We walk to the passenger seat and I let go of him and get in. "This is nice." I nod. He smiles and closes the door for me. Then he gets in beside me and we drive to his condo.