Chapter 47

We get to the rink and Mitch pulls up beside another truck. We grab our stuff and head to the ice. Most of the players are here already. Ash waves us over, "Happy to see you guys!" she hugs us. "You to!" I say. I sit on a bench and pull out my skates. I go to tie they but Will bends down and lifts my foot on his thigh. "I can tie them babe." I say. "So can I." He says and starts lacing them up. I roll my eyes and see Mitch doing the same thing for Stephanie. "Do you know how to skate?" I whisper in Steph's ear. She violently shakes her head. I giggle, "Skate with me." She smiles and leans on my shoulder.

The boys finish lacing up our skates and I hold Steph's hand as we walk to the ice rink. "You guys going already?" Mitch says. "Yea keep up." Steph says and sticks out her tongue. "I'd watch it if I were you babe." Mitch smirks. She rolls her eyes, "I'll be fine." I hop on and Stephanie grips my hands. "Oh my god." She mumbles and gets on. I laugh as she tries to keep balance. "If you start doing some weird shit I'm going to fricken kill you." She says and laces our arms together. I laugh, "Don't worry hun, I got you." "You better cause I'll be on the ground the whole time." I snort and we start off small.

I glide a bit and Steph keeps up with me. The players pass by us, most helping their spouses to. "Oh my god." Steph says again. "Your doing great!" I say enthusiastically. She rolls her eyes and takes small steps. "Do your feet hurt cause mine-ugh!" Steph yells and slams into me. "Whoa!" I say and we both hit the ice. "I hate you, like for real!" Steph says almost in tears and stares up at Mitch. "But I didn't do anything babe." He smirks. She glares at him and refuses to let him help her up. "You backwards skated to close!" She whines. "Backwards skated?!" He laughs. 

I feel two strong arms wrap around my torso and lift me up. I squeak and Will places me on my feet...or skates. "Thanks babe...but I could have gotten up." He kisses my cheek, "Why don't you like me doing things for you?" I look at Steph and tug her up. She loses balance and this time Mitch grabs her and holds her in his arms. "This is not the time to be cute right now." She says. He smiles, "Come on, let's skate." She winks at me and they slowly leave. Will looks me up and down, "You look hot in skates." "Thanks. You do to without all that equipment." He smiles and reaches for my hand. We gracefully glide down the ice, enjoying each others ability to skate freely. 

"Hey babe?" Will asks. I lovingly look into his eyes. "Want some hot chocolate?" "Yea that would be great." I say and wrap my arms around his arm. We put our skate guards on and walk to a hot chocolate truck Mike had in the parking lot. The guy gave us each one and we head back. "Hey uh...Will..." I say. He takes a sip and gets whip cream on his lip. I chuckle and bend his head down to kiss me. "You had whip cream on you." I say. "I know," He winks. I lightly smack his arm. 

"Um..Thanks for being so good to me. I know I can be a pain in the ass sometimes...ok more than sometimes...I just love you so much and you've always been there..." I choke on tears and clear my throat, "Whoa." I squeak and he smiles and hugs me, "I love you to babe...I'll always be here for you. You don't have to worry about that... I'm not going anywhere." I wrap my arms around him and he lifts me up and presses me against his chest. "Thanks baby." I sigh and breathe in his sweet scent. He lets go of me and we hold hands back to the ice rink. 

"There you two are!" Steph says, now sitting on a bench. "Are you done already?" I laugh. She gives me a look, "Haha very funny, but no. The guys went to get sticks and pucks from over there." She points and some of the boys come out of the arena with equipment. My eyes light up and Steph nudges me, "Kick some ass for me." I smile, "Your getting on if  I am girl!" She giggles and I grab her hand. 

Everyone grabs a stick and we throw a few pucks on the ice. The assistant coaches start putting nets up and I shoot on them. "Wow." Lucy says skating towards me. "Hey!" I say and hug her. She smiles, "I think all the boys are admiring your work." I look behind me and most of them are staring at me. "That's my girlfriend!" Will yells and skates towards me, picking me up. "Ahhh!" I laugh and he puts me down. I stick handle the puck around him and he stares at me. "I love you so much right now." He mumbles. Then he chases me down the ice trying to win the puck. 

We practice shooting and deking each other out. I keep up with Mitch when he starts doing some fancy cross overs and stick handling. "I guess it runs in the family." He says as he touches my leg, "Keep this more bent." I nod, still keeping up with him. I follow him around till I trip and Will skates by and catches me bridal style. "Nice catch." I pant. "Why thank you." He winks. He places me on his jacket on the ice and sits beside me. "Here your ass is gonna get wet." I say and scotch over. "Who says I'm not already wet." He whispers in my ear. I smack him and he tackles me, hugging my torso. 

"Awwwee! I hate to interrupt you guys but the coaches ordered burgers and stuff." Ashley says, peering over us. "Thanks!" I say and she goes back. Will doesn't move. "Babe, didn't you here? There's foooood." I moan. He sighs and helps me up. "Thanks." I say and he kisses my hand. We put our guards on and walk to the food. 

Everyone eats and just sits around. "One last skate?" Will asks. I nod. We get one the ice and glide around. We grab hockey sticks and play with a puck. "Guys we're saying bye!" Mitch calls. I look over and see the couples getting ready to leave. I turn to Will and we skate off. We hug everyone and say our goodbyes. "See you soon lovely!" Lucy hugs me. I smile, "Of course!" We leave with the crowd and get into Mitch's truck.