Chapter 33

So...Mike Babcock got fired... for the sake of this story I'm gonna leave the coach as Mike still just thought you guys should know. It also make more sense cause theres a lot of players who are mentioned that have be traded...please bare with me lol. 

We head out the door and take Mitch's car to a dinning hall where they do dinner and dances...my parents always used to talk about these types of halls when I was a kid. Mitch's parents did as well so maybe tonight will bring back some memories.. that's if the whole experience is like they described.

When we get there, I feel a sudden rush of nervousness as I step out. At least I know my outfit looks good...it was approved by Steph.

(Sage's outfit)

(Sage's outfit)

(Steph's outfit)

(Steph's outfit)

Will realized I'm kinda shaky and takes my hand in his and we walk to the entrance. We get our seats and wait for the buffet to come out. I feel my palms getting sweaty so I wipe them on my lap. Willy looks at me confused, "You okay babe?" I shrug, "I don't know why I'm so nervous for no reason." He smiles rubs my back, soothing me for a while, "There's no need to be nervous love." I sigh and prop my elbows on the table. 

After a while the food comes out and each table takes turns to get plates. Our table is third to go up and as I stand, I trip over my feet and bump into Will. "Sorry.." I whisper, the people at the other tables now staring at me. "It's fine baby." He says and takes my hand. We walk up and take what we want, I'm extremely cautious not to fall again, or spill anything. I sigh of relief when reach the table once again. I pick at most of the food, not being to hungry. "Sage's got a practice tomorrow.." Will says out of the blue. I nod. "Already?!" Mitch says. Will nods, "Imma take her there, it's early." Mitch smiles, "That's good." We're oddly quiet for some of dinner but before we know it, an announcer makes his way to the stage. 

"Hello everyone and thank you all for coming to this years banquet! It's a amazing turn out and we're so glad to see you! We'll be putting some music on shortly in hopes that you all enjoy yourselves and have a good night!" He steps off the stage and I turn to Mitch and Steph, "Are you guys gonna dance?" Mitch looks at me weird, "Isn't this why we came?! Come on Sage it's a family dance not a stay at the table and be lame..um dance. Right?" I chuckle and roll my eyes. Then random music starts playing and I burst into laughter. We watch some couples hit the dance floor, some young, others old. It was so adorable to watch! I feel someone lean on me and nibble my neck. "Willyy..." I whisper. "Mhmm," He mumbles adorably, "Wanna dance?" I shurg, "I don't know...why." "Mitch and Steph already left." "Wha-" Then I see them dancing with other couples and spinning each other around. I giggle at them. "I'm taking that as a yes." Will says and tugs me out of my seat. "Wait.." I call but he ignores me and keeps pulling me along. 

When we reach the dance floor a series of slow songs come on and Willy turns to me wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh and stare into his beautiful blue eyes. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to his chest. I lay my head on him and put my hands around his neck. We sway around together and make our way around the floor. We pass all the couples dancing which makes me realize how grateful I am that Will found his way into my life. Without him I would still be the broken girl who used to play hockey. I kiss his cheek and he blushes, "What was that for?" I shrug, "For everything." He smiles and kisses my lips passionately. "I love you.." I whisper. "I love you more." He whispers back. It really is a good feeling being loved by someone who actually cares about you. 

We slow dance until the music picks up and we jump around on the dance floor. Most of the old couples left, so we're dancing and screaming along to the music with all the 'youngsters'. My feet start hurting from my shoes so I go back to the table and take them off. I feel people staring at me and turn to the table behind ours. "Hello dear.." An older lady says. "Umm..hi." I smile, trying not to be weird. "You're very beautiful." The woman next to her says. "Oh..um..thank you.." I stutter, not used to getting compliments from strangers. "Come..sit for a while." The first lady says. I nod, not wanting to be rude, and walk over to the two women. 

"I'm Alice and this is my good friend Sophia." The first lady who I now know as Alice says. "I'm Sage..nice to meet both of you." I say kinda awkwardly. They don't seem to notice. "Who are you with?" I give her a confused look. "Who's your date?" She chuckles. I blush, "Ohh...haha." I say, "That guy over there." I point to Will. "Mhmmm...he looks very hansom." Alice says. I nod, "Yea..I'm really lucky." They both chuckle. "So..why did you want me to come over here? If I may ask.." I say. Alice shrugs, "Ohh you know...we love being around young people like yourself and following young love around where ever it goes." I nod, "That seems nice." She sighs, "Yes well, we both lost our husbands a few years back so being around love is kind of comforting." I frown, "Aww, I'm so sorry." She chuckles, "Oh don't be dear...we're not around forever." I nod sadly. "Looks like your cutie patootie is looking for ya." Sohia smiles. I look at Will who seems completely lost. I laugh and wave to him. He smiles and comes over.

"Hey baby.." He kisses my cheek. "Hey, I was just talking to these lovely ladies, Alice and Sophia." He says hello to both of them. "Aren't you charming." Alice says. Will blushes and the ladies look to each other and smile. "Want to get dessert?" Will says and takes my hand, "Hell yeah!" I smile to the older ladies and we head to the sweet table. "What the hell was that all about?" Will says. I shrug, "They called me over..their husbands died and they want to watch us be in love." Will chuckles, "Really?" "Yes really...they called you my cutie patootie." He blushes more and I laugh. "Let's go cutie patootie!" "Stoppp.." He pouts and we go back to our table. We eat, just us two..Steph and Mitch disappeared somewhere. "I bet you 10 bucks their making out." I say and shove cake in my mouth. "I'll give you 10 bucks if we make out." Will says and pushes his finished plate aside. I giggle, "Are you serious?" He shrugs, "If you want the 10 bucks..you gotta do what you gotta do." I smirk and drag him to the lobby...