Chapter 40

I wake up to feeling cold and realize Will isn't in bed with me. I stretch and change into my 'classic' look of a hoodie and leggings. I open my door and see Will standing there with breakfast in his hands about to knock. He tilts his head to the side, "Your supposed to be asleep." I smile, "And your to sweet." He pouts, "I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed." I blush and he kisses my cheek, "Now go to bed." I laugh and get back under the sheets. He puts the tray of yummyness on my lap and gets in the sheets beside me. He leans on my shoulder as I dig in. 

"That was amazing baby." I say and go to get up to put the tray away, he doesn't let me. "I'll take that," He boops my nose. I giggle and let him take the tray from me. "So whats it look like today?" I ask as he comes back to bed. "Actually...I'm heading to a team party..." Will says, avoiding my gaze. "That should be fun...when are we going?" I say. "Um..i don't know if you'd want to go to this...particular party." "Why not," I say and turn away from him. He says nothing. "Is Mitch going?" I ask. He nods. "How bout Steph." He shrugs. "I don't see why I wouldn't want to go babe." I say. He sighs, "Umm..." But just as he's about to finish, Mitch walks in.

"Hey y'all! Are we getting ready?" "For this mystery party?" I say. He stares at me, "Why is it a mystery?" I roll my eyes, "Buddy here won't tell me why." Will gives Mitch a look and now hes even more confused. "Sage here isn't a huge fan of the host." My heart starts beating faster. "Will please..." I whisper, "Is it..." He nods, "Thea invited us to her team party and most of the guys agreed to go." I stare at him wide-eyed. "Don't worry Say, its secret. It aint opened to the public, no one will know." Mitch says. "I am on this 'team' she's on Mitch." His smile quickly fades. "This is what I mean by 'no one pays attention to me' 'no one cares about me-' "Hey, I wouldn't go that far." Mitch says, "Look who let you stay at his condo when you had no where else." I shake my head, "You guys go to that stupid party, have the time of your lives...I'm staying right here." 

I get up and sit beside Stephanie in the living room. I whisper everything to her, making sure the guys can't hear...even if they did I couldn't care less but I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. She nods in sympathy and we cuddle on the couch. "Babe, you coming?" Mitch asks Steph. "Your actually gonna go? Do you really not care?" He shrugs and grabs his jacket. "The boys are gonna be there. You coming or what?" She shakes her head. He shrugs, "Suit yourself." Will follows along, putting on his coat. "Will." I say, my voice sounding shaky. He looks at me and then follows behind Mitch. They leave. 

"What just happened..." I say, tears stain my cheeks. Steph sighs, "I don't even know hun." "Should we like...go?" I say. "We don't know where the party is." Steph says. I sigh, "We can like follow them or something." I say. She gives me a look, "How bout we do something for you? To make you happy." I shrug, "I dunno..." She smiles, "Come on! Lets hit the gym or..or shoot some pucks!" She says in a manly voice which I can't help but laugh at. "Seriously?" I laugh. "Seriously." She says. "Aight...lets do it!" I giggle. "So...where we going?" She jumps off the couch. "Lets have some fun at the gym...I can show you some stuff and plus...there's always cute guys working out," I smirk. She gasps and laughs, "You did not just got there!" "Oh yes I did sista!" We get change into bras and tight leggings and head to the gym.