Chapter 12

I wake up and mumble for Willy, to see if he's still there. "Nope it's just me." Mitch says. I groan and turn around on the couch. Mitch laughs, "Thanks Sage." I smile and stretch out. I let my eyes adjust to the lighting before I get up and go to my room to change and freshen up in the bathroom. I put on some pink lulu leggings and a TML sweatshirt.

When I finish up, I sit back on the couch and Mitch insists on making my breakfast. "You don't know how to cook." I say and he looks at me weirdly from the kitchen, "Who told you that? I'm an amazing cook." "You couldn't even read instructions yesterday, and barely mix stuff together." I say shocked that he claimed himself to be "amazing". He shrugs, "I can do the easy stuff." "Like what." I smirk. He shrugs again. "What are you planning on making right now." I say, more specifically. "Toast." He says and takes out the bread from the freezer. I laugh at him and watch him do some silly dance moves while waiting for the toast to pop. When it does, I get up and help him. I grab an avocado and some chia seeds from the pantry and put them on my toast. Mitch watches me closely. "What?" I say, "It's good." He shrugs and spreads some butter on his.

We finish up and open our mac books and do some business work in the living room. I'm reading threw some team stats, when I get an email from Benny, my coach. Odd, coach doesn't usually send emails but I guess he knows I won't be there in time for him to tell me what he needs to say. I open it and read what it says. He just tells me to get well and all that nonsense which I skim threw since I can't control this kind of injury and don't really want to be reminded of it. He also says that Thea is taking my place on the first line for now and also adds in that she's doing s really good job. I roll my eyes at that and keep reading. He goes on to say that there's a team meeting tomorrow and I should join to know what's new with the team and how our new schedule is gonna be like. Weird, we just got a new schedule, why would he change it again? Ehhh what ever. I reply back saying that I was happy to hear the team's doing good and that I will try to make it to the meeting depending on how I feel.

I send it and close my laptop. I slump in my seat and sigh. Mitch closes his mac book as well and looks at me before moving on to his phone. "What's up girl?" He says smiling. I shake my head, "Shits up." "Pfft why." He says holding back a laugh. "I have to go to a meeting tomorrow with my team." He looks at me confused, "What's wrong with that?" I shrug, "You know how my teammates are." He nods, "True." And goes back to scrolling threw his phone. "Lets do something today." I say, putting my laptop on the coffee table. "Like what?" "I dunno, how bout we go to the park or something?" "Sage, we can't just do that...what if fans see us." He says, in a tone that's saying come on you should know this. "What if we go far away...and we can bring the gang." I say, still trying to come up with something, despite his disagreement. He shrugs, "Maybe." "I'm sure they'll wanna hang out with us. Your always together anyway." I say and pull out my phone." "Ooooo!! Ya know what we should do?" He says, excitedly looking up from his phone. "What." "Go paint balling!" "Oh my god yes!" I yell. He smiles, "I'm gonna call the squad." "Which is....?" I say. "Auston, Will, John, and Patty. I think Kappy and Naz and all them are busy.Oh and Stephanie. So you won't be the only girl." I nod, "Sounds good."

Mitch calls them up and they all agree. "Hey, how do they know where to go?" I ask. "We've been there before...long time ago, but i'm sure they remember the place. It's outside!! it's gonna be sooooo much fun!" He says and puts his jacket and shoes on. I laugh and join him. "Come on hurry up!" I slip my shoes on and we run to his car.

We get there before everyone and when they come their just as excited as Mitch. "Hey girl! Ready to kick these boys asses!" Steph says running to hug me before Mitch. He pouts and I stick my tongue out at him. I greet everyone and give them each a hug. Will comes to me and I kiss him hard on the lips. "Hey babe." He says, "Ready for me to beat your beautiful ass." I gasp and laugh at him and smack his butt, "Not if I kick yours first." He chuckles and returns my butt smack.

A guide comes up to our group and shows us where to go. We get our gear on and our guns loaded and make our way to the battle field. When all the safety rules are done, we pair up and put our masks and helmets on. Me and Stephanie run out and hide behind a wood wall. We see the boys do the same, sticking with their teams. We hear whispering behind a fake castle behind us and move closer to it. It's Will and Mitch. "Get em!" I yell to Stephanie and we shoot them down...well I shoot them down...Steph I think is still trying to get used to the gun. "What not fair!" Mitch yells at us and we have a mini shooting war until I decide we should retreat so I can show Steph what to do. We hide behind a different wall this time and I show her how to shoot. We watch Will and Mitch try to take down Auston, John, and Patty. Their plan didn't work so I gesture to Steph to attack them. We shoot them from behind our wall and they retreat. "Yess!" I say, she nods.

We get ambushed by Will and Mitch so we run, but there's two rocks in the way, that I don't see because of the stupid mask. I trip over them and fall to the ground. My leg gets stuck between the rocks. I let out a yell and look back at my leg, trying to get it out. Steph hears me and grabs my hands, trying to lift my leg out. It doesn't work so she tries to move the big rock. One of the groups keeps shooting at us. "Stop, Sage is down!" Stephanie yells. But they boys can't see good or hear well cause of the equipment. We keep yelling and Stephanie comes in front of me. "I don't want you to get shot in the face." She yells over their firing.

Suddenly I feel strong arms lift my leg out of the rocks and grab my waist, pulling me off the ground. I lean into Will's chest, not wanting to be shot at anymore. Stephanie stands as well and waves her hands in the air for the guys to stop. They do and come over. "What happened?!" Mitch asks. Me and William part but he still keeps his hand at my waist. "I fell that's all." I say looking down, "Sorry." "Don't be sorry it was an accident." Will says. I nod, "Alright then, lets start another round." "Not yet I wanna make sure you don't have any scrapes. Sit please." Will says and I do what he says. He rolls up my leggings and I wince when I see blood trickle out of my ankle. He sighs and stands up, "You guys can go play, I'll take care of this mess." He says pointing to my bleeding ankle. Everyone nods and Mitch thanks him.

William carries me bridal style off the field and to "the safety zone" of the park. He puts me down on a park picnic table and goes to get some band aids. He comes back and wipes my ankle before putting some cream and the bandage on. "You okay babe?" He says when he's done and joins me in sitting on the table. I sigh, "I just wanted to play paint ball and now I have a bloody ankle. I also ruined it for you. I'm sorry." He pulls me into him, "It was an accident...you can't help accidents. I'm just glad nothing happened to your head." I kiss him on the cheek and thank him for taking care of my ankle. We watch the gang play the last round and when their done, we agree to go out for some desert.