Chapter 56

Omg HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLY! I didn't have time to post yesterday ugh but here it is!

I follow Steph to the living room and we sit on the couches. "I'm gonna miss it just being us two." She says. I smile, "How so?" She shrugs, "Everyone's gonna be playing hockey now." "No, you have the girls and your coming along to the games." I reassure her. She sighs, "I guess but I feel like I'll be alone for the most part." I wrap an arm around her, "I'll stay with you. We can still have girls nights. Just me and you." She smiles, "Your different Sage."

I tilt my head confused. "Your just...I don't know...a kind, genuine, bad ass that plays hockey with a bunch of boys. What a life." She says. "Well I mean. I guess." I shrug. She laughs, "That's a good thing. And I can't wait to see what you do next." I smile, "Awwe thanks Steph. I'm always here for you to...don't ever forget that." She nods "I know."

"You girls wanna come with? I have to run some errands." Mitch says. "Sure I'll come." Steph says. "You might want to come to Say. I have to get you another letter from the league." My eyes light up, "Ok I'm coming." "Wait hold up, stay with me." Will says. I look between the two of them. "Why don't you come with us?" I say. Will shrugs, "ok."

"Actually that might be kinda obvious ya know. If we all go. I'll get you the letter we'll be quick I promise." Mitch says. I nod, trying my best not to look disappointed. Steph waves us goodbye and they leave to run their errands. "I still think we should have went." I sigh. "I know baby. But now we can go out ourselves." He says. "Where do you want to go?" I ask. He smiles, "I wanted to show you around town, maybe we can visit my parents. I haven't seen them for a while." (I know Willy's parents probably don't live in Toronto but just go with it.)

I feel my face heat up, "Y-Your parents?" He chuckles, "Yea. I don't know it was just a thought. I really want them to meet you and you to meet them." I gulp, "Uhh...ok." I'm totally not scared to meet my boyfriends parents. What if they think i'm not right for him? What if they don't like me? What if- "Sage." Will interrupts my thoughts. "Hmm." I say. "Their nice, don't worry." I smile, "Yea..I'm sure they are."

"Want to walk there?" He asks. "We're going right now?" I say with nervousness showing in my voice. "We don't have to." He says and hugs me. "No I want to go!" I say. He gives me a look. "What? Let's go!" I get up and get my coat. He follows and we leave the condo.

"Are you sure babe? Don't be nervous." He says and holds my hand. "You know what...I think it's good to meet them ya know? My parents are so far away and not to mention never really treated me well. It'll be good." Will kisses my cheek, "I'm sorry." I shrug, "There was nothing I could do. It's better their back home." He squeezes my hand tighter and we walk around the beautiful city talking about our childhoods.

He takes me up a long street and we walk closely together. "How far is it?" I pant. "Just a little longer." He says. We walk about another 20 minutes. "Are we there yet?" I gasp. "Nope." He says. "We should have just drove." I say. "It's nice to walk." He says. "I know but now we gotta do this again going home." He smiles, "Your stuck with me now." I smack his arm and we continue walking.

"We're here." He says and we turn onto another street. "Finally." I pant, feeling drowsy. He leads me up a pretty stone walkway that lead to a cozy house. He knocks on the door and we hear foot steps coming. My heart starts pounding but I try to remain calm.

A woman smaller than me opens the door and her face lights up when she see us. "Hi! Awwe it's so good to see you guys!" She throws her arms around Will and he hugs her back. "Hi mum!" Will says, "This is Sage...you already know." She beams at me and gently takes my hand in hers, "You are gorgeous my dear." I blush and thank her, now feeling shy. "She can take your big hugs mum, she's a hockey player." Will smirks at me. I laugh and see her eyes go wide. Instead she takes my cheek and leaves a big smooch.

"Come on you two! It's not the warmest outside!" We step in and I take in the beautiful cottage like house. There were baby pictures of Will and I'm guessing Alex (His brother as most of you know) hung on the walls. I take a second to admire them and realize how much they love their kids. Will pulls on my jacket and slides it off my shoulders. "I can hang it." I say but he already does.

"Come in my loves, I've got food on the stove!" His mom says. We follow in and see who looks to be his dad sitting at the kitchen table reading a newspaper. "Hey dad!" Will says. He looks up and see us standing there. "Oh hello! You've finally come by!" He gets up and gives him a hug. I look at them with loving eyes and his dad gives me a hug to.

"Nice to meet you. My guess is your Sage?" He asks. I nod, "Yes sir, I am." He cringes, "No need for fancy talk now hun, call me Micheal or...dad." I blush and smile, "I've never really had one of those." His expression is unreadable but he hugs me again so I'm guessing sympathy. "Please sit down you guys stop being shy! oh...my names Camilla by the way Sage...or call me whatever you feel comfortable with." I smile at her, "Thanks...Camilla and that smells good! Need any help?" She giggles, "No please, relax. I can't believe you two walked all that way!" I glare at Will and he rolls his eyes. Camilla laughs and stirs whatever is in the pot.

"So...how's hockey season been so far?" Micheal asks Will. He shrugs, "Good I guess. Sage is gonna join the team shortly so it'll be a thousand time better." I smile at him and he rubs my knee under the table. I want to so badly lean on him but I know that will look bad...if they even cared.

"Wait Sage is joining? What do you mean?" Micheal says. Will nods to me. "Um..I got invited to play for the leafs." Micheal looks shocked at first but then punches my shoulder. I smile without flinching. "That's amazing eh? First female hockey player in the league! And my sons dating her! Isn't that great honey!" He yells to Camilla. Will looks down embarrassed as Camilla agrees. "We're gonna have some star hockey babies!!" She squeals. Now it's my turn to go red. "Ohh look at them! We don't mean to embarrass you guys! It's just a thought!" Will turns to her, "A very embarrassing thought." She smiles and pours the now recognizable food, soup into bowls.