Chapter 3

Mitch pulls into the underground parking area and we get out. He helps me walk inside and we take the elevator to the last floor. He unlocks the door and we walk inside, Mitch still holding me up. "Hey boys! We're here!" Mitch yells. "Ayyeee!!" They yell back and come up to us. "Guys this is my little cousin, Sage or Say for short.." I shake hands with all of them and they introduce themselves, but when William comes to shake my hand, Mitch lets go of me, by accident, and I trip and land on Will. We fall to the ground and my head lands on his chest. "Oh my god I'm so sorry I...ughhh.." I start to say but my head starts pounding. "Hey no it's ok." Will says. I squeeze my eyes shut and lift my hand to my head. I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and we're no longer on the ground. "You can open your eyes now." Will whispers in my ear, giving me goosebumps. I do what he says and realize i'm pressed against his chest and all the guys are staring at us.

I look up at him and he's already staring at me. I feel my face heat up, "Umm...thank you." He chuckles, "Anytime." I try to walk to the couch but he stops me, "Lemme help." He presses me against him and we go over to the couch. "Umm, what was that?" John says, breaking the silence. Auston steps in, "Yeah Will what was all that about." Will rolls his eyes, "Come on guys..I Can't help a pretty girl out? Is that was this is?" I feel my face heat up again and the guys smirk to each other. "Yea but that's Mitchy's cousin." Kappy laughs. Mitch smiles, "Naw it's fine. It doesn't matter." "Yeah see! It doesn't matter!" Will says, sticking his tongue out at them. Then he turns to me, "Hey but really, are you ok?" I smile, "Yeah I'm good...I think I just needa lay down maybe." He nods, "Yea, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable or anything." I shake my head slightly, "No you didn't. But I would like to get to know you better." He smiles, "Me to."

I rested on the couch for a while and not to mention, talked to William a bit until it's time to eat lunch. The guys order a shit load of pizza from ubereats and put out plates on Mitch's kitchen table. I slowly stand and try to balance myself. "Are you alright?" Will asks, as he puts out his hands to help me. I nod and gratefully take hold of them and he helps me steady myself. "Are you two not hungry?" Mitch says, taking a seat at the table with the rest of the guys. "We're coming." Will says and helps me walk to the table. We take the last two chairs which happen to be beside each other.

"Lets eat!!" Auston shouts in a deep voice and the guys all yell and dig in. I just smile and wait till all the commotion stops and take a corner piece. Yup a small corner piece...the one that everyone dreads to take first. Oh well, maybe when I'm feeling better I can join in on their little games and steal someone else's good piece. I feel someone nudge my arm and I smile at Will. "Here take this piece, let me have that one." He says snatching my pizza off my plate and replacing it with a way better one. I'm to slow to give him his pizza back and before I can protest, he shoves it in his mouth and chuckles. I shake my head, "noo, I'll take that one..You can have this one..." I say, weakness showing in my voice. He smiles, "To late I bit it already." "It doesn't matter." I say and try to take the bitten pizza out of his hand. "It's ok Sage, I'll let you have the crappy piece next time, if you really want it." Will chuckles and sets my hand down. I shiver at his little chuckle. Damn, he's hot.

I look around the table and once again everyone's staring at us. William clears his throat, "So...um....how long is Sage gonna be staying with you Mitch." Mitch smiles, "About two weeks." Will nods and smiles at me, which I return blushing.

We finish up our lunch and chat in the living room. "So we've got a practise tonight and tomorrow morning and then a game that's also tomorrow." John says looking at his phone schedule. I nod, "Maybe I can come to something cause I don't want to stay here by myself all day." Mitch shakes his head, "No Say, I think it's best if you stay here and chill." I roll my eyes, "Ok mom." "Ok mom!" Mitch mocks. Everyone laughs including me. "Aight guys, I think we gotta get going." Auston says, getting up from his spot on the couch. The guys follow his lead and put their coats on at the door. I slowly get up, hug each of them and wish them luck. "I'll be back soon Sage, get yourself set up in the guest bedroom." I nod, "Thanks again Mitch." He smiles and just like that I'm alone in his apartment that will probably happen more than once in the next week or so.

I sigh and plop on the couch. I turn on the t.v and click on SN, that's the channel my team is playing on. Then I click on TSN which is the channel the boys are playing on. I switch through both channels through out the night until I fall asleep.

Sorry it took so long to update!! I started and new semester and still trying to adjust. love you all who took the time to read this even though I don't have a lot of chapters out yet❤️