Chapter 22

I see Pat lying on the ice and the players skating up to him. "Christina Marleau?" A lady who works for the leafs comes into the room. "Yes?" Christina says, letting go of Ashley. "Come with me please...and Sage Mckena?" I look at her confused and she gestures for me to follow. I look back at Stephanie and she nods. Christina links her arm around mine and we follow the staff member to the boys locker room. "Coach wanted me to get you girls." The lady says and walks out. I wrap an arm around Christina. "Pat will be ok, he's a strong guy." She nods and places a hand on my knee, "I hope so." Then Babs walks in followed by Naz and Matt holding Pat up and Mitch supporting Will. Christina bursts into tears and the guys sit Pat beside her. "Babe..." Christina whispers and touches his cheek. He smiles, "I'll be ok hun." He says and takes her into his arms.

William is holding his nose and tilting his head up, trying to stop it from bleeding. I run up to him and grab some more tissues. "Here lemme help." I say and Mitch brings him to sit on the bench. I hold his head up and the tissue to his nose. "What the fuck happened?" I say, holding back tears. Will closes his eyes and Mitch sighs. "He just lost balance and went into the boards." "I got distracted by Pat's injury and looked back to him and fell." Will says, his voice muffled by the tissues. I sigh. "It's ok babe, it's only a nose bleed." Will says. I kiss his forehead and he smiles. "Your so cute." I whisper. "Thank you." He says smiling and bushing. I giggle and take the tissue off. "Still bleeding." I say and turn to sit beside him but he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. I kiss his cheek multiple times. "Mitch why don't you head back out there, these ladies got them covered. You to Naz and Matt." Babcock says and they nod and leave the locker room. "I guess I better go to." He says and leaves just as the medical experts come in.

Me and Christina step aside and they work their magic. Will is good to head back out and play but Pat is advised to stay. I kiss Will goodbye and stay with Christina and Pat. "So what happened Pat?" I ask. He sighs, "I just got hit that's all." I nod, seeing that he doesn't want to talk about it. Probably best for Christina's sake. "I'll leave you two alone." I smile and go back to the ladies.

"Hey love, what happened?" Lucy asks. "Pat got hit pretty bad and Willy got a nose bleed." I say. "Aww babe, I'm so sorry." She says and pulls me into a hug. "It's fine, he's ok now...it's more Pat I'm worried about...him and Christina are still in there." I sigh and take a seat in my chair. Steph rubs my back. "I'm glad he's ok." She smiles. "Yea me to...it could have been so much worse." I say. Jess and Nikki comes up to me and say how strong Pat is and not to worry about him. I thank them and we look back to the game.

Second ends, 3-1 Montreal. The ladies are quiet and Christina still hasn't returned. "Lets go cheer the boys on, they need a little love." Steph says and I nod. We stand at the front to the side and cheer on the boys. "Come on Mitch!" Steph yells as he swerves past the deffence and takes a shot on net...Scores! "Yes babe!" Steph screams and I cheer as loud as I can. He points up to us and we wave. Then the camera goes on me and Steph and we jump up and down, cheering. The ladies giggle and the camera goes on them. The blow kisses and make silly faces. I laugh and run up behind to join them. The crowd looks at us and chuckles along, so do the boys. We settle down and watch the rest of the period.

It remains 3-2 and third starts. We hear the door open and in walks Christina, wiping the last of her tears. The ladies she's closest with comfort her. Me and Steph stay seated, not to over whelm her. Then she takes a seat and explains that Pat is staying in the locker room, taking it easy. He'll probably miss some games to. We stay sad with her until the next goal is scored by Naz and Ash makes everyone laugh with her 'fabulous' dancing skills. "Woooohooo!" She chants on last time and takes a sip of her wine. I smile, recovering from my laugh attack. But it's not long before Naz scores again and Ash is up for a second dance. This time she bows when she's finished and everyone giggles.

The final score stays 3-4 and we get ready to leave before the reporters come out. I walk the teens out first to their parents and then run back to get my things. "Alright it's safe." I say and Lucy and Christina go first. They yell back when the coast is clear and we all go two at a time so that we're not alone if we do get trampled. Me and Steph go quickly as the reporters spot us and run after us. "Run run run Steph!" I say nervously. We grab hands and make a run for it to the entrance but that wasn't option anymore. "How bout the boys  locker room?!" Steph yells. "Good idea!" I yell back and we dash down the hall. We bang on the door and Auston opens it. "Go go go!" I scream and me and Steph trip over each other and fall to the ground. "Close it! close it!" Stephanie yells at Auston and he looks confused. Then he looks out the door and quickly slams it and locks it shut. "Steph are you ok?" Mitch asks her. "Yea I'm fine." She says and he helps her off the ground. I touch my head and groan. Don't be a baby I tell myself. I raise myself off the ground but then wince. "Hey...need some help?" Mitch says taking my hand. " Wheres Will?" I say. "He's in the bathroom checking his nose." Mitch says and lifts me up. I huff and lean against the wall. "You alrig-" "I'm good." I say cutting him off. He shrugs, "You can sit if ya want." Mitch says and walks me to Willy's spot. "Ok." I whisper and take a seat. Steph sits in Mitch's spot talking with some of the guys. I lean my head into my hand and take deep breaths. "Hey Willy!" I hear Mitch say. They do a handshake thing and Mitch gestures to me. Will nods and comes over. "Hey baby." He says and bends down to look at my face. Then he gently takes my head in his hand and massages my temple. I close my eyes and sigh, "Hows your nose?" I whisper. "It's good...how's your head?" He asks. "Hurts." I say. "We'll go home soon...we just have to do some interviews and then we get outta here." He says. "Ok." I say. "Alright boys! Ready?" Babs comes in. They all nod or say yes. Will leaves a kiss on my lips and gets up. "I'll be back before ya know it...are you and Steph gonna stay here?" "Yea...I don't wanna get trampled again." I say. He chuckles and walks out with the guys.

Me and Steph stretch out over the players spots and lay down. "I'm tired and it's only 7:30." Steph complains. I giggle and rest me head on one of Will's unused towels. "I'm hungry." I say. Steph laughs, "But we just ate Sage!" "I know." I smile and stretch. "I'm gonna rest my eyes." Steph says. "What if you fall asleep?" I say. She shrugs, "Maybe Mitch will carry me to the car." I laugh, "that would be nice." "Extremely." She yawns, "goodnight." I giggle. Then she closes her eyes. I do to and drift off...