Chapter 4

I wake up in the guest bedroom and get out of bed confused but I shrug it off, Mitch must have brought me here when he came home. I go over to my luggage that was brought over by the main bitch herself. I guess Thea wanted to see Mitch again even though he has a girlfriend who I'll also be meeting today.

I take out a pair of blue roots jogging pants and a Toronto Bulls hoodie. I wash my face and brush my teeth. I bump into Mitch on my way out of the bathroom. "Hey watch it!" I say colliding into him. He chuckles, "You watch it!" I laugh and step aside, making my way to the kitchen. I grab a banana and sit on one of the bar stoles that faced the counter. Mitch does the same but instead, stands in front of me.

"So," I say peeling my banana, "When am I gonna meet Stephanie?" Mitch nods, "Tonight." "Where?" He rolls his eyes, "At the dinner party remember?" I shake my head, "No you didn't tell me about a dinner party." "Oh yeah." He sighs, "Well there's a dinner party tonight to celebrate one of the assistant coaches birthdays and Babs asked me to bring you if you wanted to come and meet everyone." I nod slowly, "Sounds like fun, I'm down." "Yeah I already told him you'd be interested." He says. "Thanks." "Yeah for sure."

We finish our bananas and watch t.v in the living room. Suddenly my phone buzzes, signalling I got a notification from instagram. I open the app and i'm mentioned in a story which of course is the Toronto bull's story. I tap on it and it shows highlights from the game. The story i'm mentioned in shows the whole team in a huddle with Thea posing at the camara. And right on top of my user name it says 'Glad we won...just proves we don't need a certain someone who brags about being the star of the show' I stare at the post for a while, aggression showing in my face. "Hey Say...are you okay?" Mitch asks. I soften my face expression and smile at him, "Yeah i'm alright." He raises an eyebrow, "Are you sure?" I nod and place my phone down. "Let me see that." He says. "um no." I say and take my phone back. He lunges at me and we wrestle for it. He pins me down and snatches my phone out of my hand. "Hey! Not fair!" I yell and try and take it back. But he already sees the post and throws me my phone. "Hey, don't listen to them. They don't know shit about hockey okay?" "Yeah...thanks." I say and twirl my hair around my finger.

"Okay I'm gonna go get ready, I have a practise in an hour." Mitch says getting off the floor. "Oh and Will might knock at the door, hes giving me a ride." "Okay." I say and stand as well. Mitch goes to get changed into his dry fit wear and sure enough there's a knock at the door. Without realizing, a smile forms on my face and I go answer the door. I open it and William stands before me. "Hey." I say, still smiling. "Hey...you feeling better?" He smiles. "Yeah a lot better." I say. He nods, "Good...cause I was thinking...maybe we could hangout soon or something." My eyes light up, "Yeah for sure...I would like that." He reaches out and takes my hand in his. I smile even more if that was possible. He caresses my fingers and I feel my eyes get a little heavy. "Um...am I interrupting something..?" Mitch says coming up to us. We pull our hands apart and my smile slightly fades. "No no it's okay." I say. I look at Willy and he winks. "Well then, we better get going." Mitch says, cutting in front of me and walking out to the elevator. "We'll talk later okay?" Will says sympathetically. I nod, "Definitely." We say good bye and I lock the door.

I press my back against the door and sigh, "William Nylander wants to hangout with me! Me of all people! Damn." I say to myself. And then that smile comes back on my face and I scream and jump up and down. Wow this is what true happiness actually feels like!