Chapter 51

Hey everyone just checking in to make sure y'all are doing alright. Hopefully this chapter brings you a bit of joy during this dark time. It's the least I can do for you guys. Love you all and please stay safe!!💕
"Oh my god! I thought you guys couldn't come!" I say and run into Will's arms. He lifts me up and I wrap my legs around him. "We were around putting the final touches together." He says and kisses me. The ladies Oooo as he puts me down. I turn to all of them and playfully roll my eyes. I hug Mitch and Steph to and file with the envelope. "Open it babe." Will says.

I sigh and shakily open it. I read the letter out loud, "Dear Ms. Mckena, we are greatly impressed by your abilities on and off the ice and would like to formally invite you, the first ever female player, to an official NHL tryout for the Toronto Maple Leafs....holy...shit." I say and feel myself about to faint. "Suprise!!" My team yells. Will places a hand on my waist to keep my from falling and kisses my cheek. "You all new about this?" I say. They nod.

"So...what'd ya think? We did a pretty good job eh?" Mitch says, taking hold of my hand. Steph takes my other hand, "My baby's gonna be in the NHL!" She says with tears streaming down her face. "Wait you planned this?" I say. Mitch nods, "We got our scouts to come watch you play and they thought you were pretty good. We also got you recommendations from that US team." "Holy shit." I say out of breath. "And no...we were not at a party with Thea. That was a fat lie." Will says. I laugh and take his face in my hands, "Thank god!" Everyone laughs.

"I love you all so much." I say, now the tears come out. Everyone awwes and I grab my hockey bag, ready to go home. "I know we were never really close as a team but I will say...I'm gonna miss some of ya'll." "Good luck Sage...well be here if you need us." Tory says. I nod to them, "Till next time."

We get in the car and my hands are still shaking. "Thank you guys...so so much." I say again. "You're to good for this league...you need a challenge." Mitch says. I smile, "I guess it runs in the family." Will squeezes my hand, "Now you can play with us babe...it's gonna be awesome!!" I laugh, "Is that what you meant by we might get competitive?" He blushes, "Maybe." "Awwe Willy!" I kiss him and he leans his head on my shoulder.

When we get home I take a shower and change into sweats. "Sage...." Steph squeals. "Mhmm..." I smirk. "There's another surprise you can't know about now but...I thought we'd go shopping and get some nice outfits... for the surprise." I stare at her, "Is it a party?" She nods excitedly. I laugh, "I thought it was a surprise." She shakes her head, "It's fine. I planned it so that's why I couldn't come to the game." "Ohhh...well in that case you didn't have to plan me a party Steph."

"What do you mean?! We're celebrating!!" I shrug, "It's not that big of a deal." I say. She looks at me concerned. "Umm...hun..I know you haven't had people um...care in the past but...now is the time to make up for it. You deserve this. It's time you take ownership for it..you've worked so hard...let's finally have some fun!" I nod, "You know what...your right! Let's go shopping!" She squeals again, "I thought I'd never hear those words come out of you!" I laugh and grab my jacket.

"Bye boys we're going shopping!" Steph yells. "Be careful!" Mitch says. "Be back before it's night...there's something else planned." Will winks. Steph sighs, "She already knows." I nod. "Babe, no offence but your terrible at keeping secrets." Mitch says. She huffs, "Excuse you but I kept this NHL thing a secret since like forever! C'mon Sage let's go." We walk to the mall, not to far from our building.

"Where should we start?!" Steph says excited. "How bout that one?" I say, "It has dresses." "Ohh Aritzia?" Steph giggles. I nod and we go in. We browse around and Steph spots a pair of shoes she likes. "Damn these are cute." She curses. "Get em." I say, taking a seat on a bench thing. She sits beside me and tries them on...