Chapter 15

The person opens the door and I try and make out who they are. My eyes become heavy but I manage to keep them half way open. The person sounds like a guy and he's yelling at everyone. They look shocked but at the same time scared. They bolt out the door. I'm thrown to the ground and the guy comes up to me saying something but I can't quite make out what is it. Then he carries me to a car and drives to the hospital.

I wake up to bright lights a light beating sound. I reach my hand to my head and wince. "Hey babe..." I hear and I look to see William. I smile, "Hey." He comes up to me and holds my hand. "How ya feeling." "Terrible...what happened to me anyways...ohh." The more I think about what happened, the memories come back. "Yea...it was pretty bad." He kisses my hand over again and looks to the other side of the bed I'm in. I look to and smile, "Hey Mitch...hi Steph..." Mitch gives me a sad smile and Stephanie smiles threw tears. I chuckle, "Are you crying?" She nods, "I hate seeing you like this." I feel my own sadness and shed a few tears before turning over and sobbing into Willy's shoulder. He kisses my head, "Everything's gonna be alright...everything's gonna be fine.."

A doctor, the same one from last time, Dr. Carrney, comes into the room shaking his head. "I heard what happened kids...it's on the news and everything. Wanna see?" He says. We nod and he takes a small remote and turns the little t.v to the news channel. A reporter comes on... "Today famous NHLer William Nylander is spotted outside the Toronto Bull's arena in his car. He seems impatient as if he's waiting for someone inside the building... Our crew kept close watch on  the young star and after about a half hour, he goes into the building...later he rushes outside with a girl who we now know is Sage mcena, Canadian hockey star. She looks to be in critical condition and is rushed to the hospital by the famous star." Some clips of Will running inside the arena are shown and a zoom in on me in his arms. I sigh, "Can we go home now?" The doctor turns off the t.v and looks at me. "I'm sorry sweet heart but your going to need to have surgery on your ankle before you go, and remember you still have a concussion which I'm going to check out again in case it got worse." I sigh again and look at my ankle which was already in a cast. I remember how hard Tory beat it and no one did anything but watch me suffer on the ground. Willy rubs my arm. "It'll be alright...I'll stay with you..." He says with a cute smile. "Thanks babe." I whisper and hold back tears. The doctor smiles, "Ok, I'll be back...and then we'll have to take you to the surgery room." I nod. He leaves and the room is now silent.

"It's okay guys, I'm fine...don't be so weird about all this." I say to the three of them. Mitch nods, "We know Say, but we're just shocked that those losers would do this...I mean you didn't deserve it." Stephanie nods, "Not one bit...I hope everything will go smoothly and we can all leave as soon as it's done." I smile, "Everything will be fine Steph...the latest we'll leave by would probably be tomorrow morning." She sighs but nods in agreement.

We talk about my relationships with each of the girls and the three of them complain that they should either go to jail or get kicked off the team. After a while, Dr. Carrney comes back and tells us that the surgery room is ready for us. I get out of the hospital bed and stand up, wobbling and using Will as support to balance myself. "Come here...." He says and picks me up bridal style once again and carries me to the room. Mitch and Steph follow closely behind us.

The doctor opens the door for us and William places me on a different bed. I get comfortable and lye down. Mitch and Steph take two seats on the right of me and Will takes the left. "Hey you two..." Mitch says, "Me and Steph can get you guys some food if you'd like..." I shake my head, "It's ok, I'm not hungry." "Me to." Will says. "No you have to eat." I say. He smiles, "And you do to..how bout we share a poutine or something." I nod, "Fine." "But your going to have to wait until after your surgery to eat..." Dr. Carrney steps in our conversation. I nod, "I will don't worry." "Okay see you guys later then." Mitch says. Stephanie blows me a kiss and they leave hand in hand. "You ready dear?" Dr. Carrney says and puts on his white mask that covers only his nose and mouth. "I guess." I say and Will takes hold of my hand. " I'm gonna put some numbing cream so you don't feel anything...just try to relax okay?" He says. I take a deep breath, "Okay."

Before ya know it, everything was done and my ankle was wrapped up in a new cast boot. Mitch and Steph aren't back yet so me and Will told the doctor that we would stay here until they came and then make our way home. I stare at my ankle feeling kinda light headed and weak. I slowly turn to William who's smiling. I smile to, "What." He shakes his head, "I love you so much." "Awwee I love you to babe." I whisper. He scoots his chair even closer to me, if that was possible, and wraps his arms around my waist. I sigh for the first time in a while, of happiness. I lean in for a kiss and he does to. Our tongues fight for dominance and he lets me win. I run my trembling fingers threw his soft hair and I can feel him smiling against my lips. "Ahemm.." A voice that sounded a lot like Mitch says.

Me and Will break apart and Mitch and Steph both walk in. "We got friessss!" Steph says, holding up a big bag. I smile, "Yumm...but I think we're gonna have to eat them at home." She nods, "I'm just glad your okay." I laugh weakly, "Thanks." "I don't mean to rush us or anything but I think we have to go soon..." Will says. "Yeah..there's other patients waiting for this room..." I whisper. I swing my legs slowly over the bed side and Willy helps me stand. He puts my arm over his shoulder and go to his car together.

We all go back to Mitch's condo which I guess I can call my condo now to since I'm gonna be here way more than expected. Will manages to carry me from the elevator to the condo. Mitch and Steph are already there, setting up the fries and such for the four of us. I sit beside Will and in front of me is Stephanie, and of course beside her is Mitch. Steph and Mitch have their own containers while me and Will share one and dig in.

We finish up eating and relax on the couches. "Hey Will, Steph...you guys wanna stay over tonight?" Mitch says. Steph smiles and snuggles into Mitch's chest. I smile to. Seeing them together like this is just adorable. "Want me to stay babe?" Willy whispers in my ear, now nibbling gently on my ear lob. I sigh and curl up to his chest, "Yes please." Will smiles at Mitch and mouths a 'thanks'. And the nights just getting started....