Chapter 6

Stephanie drives me back to Mitch's apartment. "Say, is it okay if I drop you off here, in the parking lot cause I kinda want to start my make up and such." I smile, "Yea of course Steph, I'll see you tonight!" "Bye babe see you." Stephanie says and blows me a kiss. I blow her one back, grab my huge bag carrying my outfit, and get my ass in the elevator. Once I reach Mitch's floor I hear loud noises, sounding like someone playing some really loud videos games. And sure enough I unlock the door of the apartment and there's Mitch playing fortnite with Auston. "Hey boys!" I scream over the game. "What!" Mitch yells. I lock the door and put my bag down. Auston puts the t.v lower and I repeat what I said. "Hey Sage, just playing some fortnite with Auston!" I nod, "Yeah I can see that." "How was your date with the girls?" He asks. "Yeah it was really good." "Did you find something to wear other than the shit you already have?" I pout and cross my arms, "It's not shit Mitch.. and yes Ash actually picked it out." He nods, "Cool."

I take my bag to my room and rest it against my bed. Stephanie said that she was going to put on make up and I'm pretty sure I have some... I dig in my luggage for my small make up bag. Aha! Found it! I unzip it and dump out everything that was in there. Yikes, I think my teammates got to it first. Everything I have is broken and I remember having a nude mac lipstick, it was my moms, but I guess someone took it. I sigh and check out the inside of the actual bag. The side pocket is completely ripped out and there are marks from the opened and broken make up. Ugh, whyyyyyyy! I throw the bag and it crashes into the wall. I curl up on my floor and put my head in my arms. Well I guess it's not the end of the world. I barely wear make up anyway. But now I'm gonna feel ugly  the whole time at this stupid dinner party. I sigh again and wipe a tear that escaped my eye. Then I take a deep breath and tidy up my mess which just resulted in throwing out everything, including the make up bag.

When I'm done cleaning and recovering from almost having another break down, I decide to take out my outfit and lay it on my bed. I smile to myself as I take everything out of the bag. I stroke the fabric of the dress way to many times but its calming. When i'm ready, I leave my room and see if Mitch and Auston an cheer me up.

"Sage, come play with us!" Mitch says, making room for me on the couch. I sit in between the two of them and Auston hands me a head set and controller. "We're playing with John and Will." He says. I nod and scramble to get the headset on. The boys connect my controller some how and i'm in the game.  "Say! Get that chest over there!" Mitch yells at me. "What?" I say, still trying to get used to the controller. I hear Will and John laugh over the head set. "Hey give her a break Mitch, it's her first time!" William says. I feel my face heat up and keep my eyes glued to the screen, occasionally glancing down at the controller. Auston nudges my arm, "Shoot that guy! Right there!" I take my eyes off the screen and look at him confused. He sighs, "Your dead." "What the actual fuck is this game?!" I yell and try to yank the head step off of me but it doesn't want to come off. "Ugh!" I grunt but then hear Will say something... "Hey don't let those guys get to you, I know you can kick their asses!" I stop  and sit back on the couch. "Okay...umm thanks." I say nervously. He chuckles, "No problem." I smile and grab the controller again. "Alright losers, start another round." "Woah why are you so happy all of a sudden." Mitch smirks. I shrug, "Cause i'm gonna kick your ass."

We play for a long time and not to brag but I beat all the guys in almost all the rounds. We're in the middle of another game when there's a knock at the door. "Who's gonna get it?" Auston asks. "It's Mitch's house he can get it." I say, shoving him with my elbow. "Ugh, fine." He scrambles to the door and quickly unlocks and jumps back on the couch. "Hellloooo!" I hear Stephanie say. "Heyyy!" I say. "Woah Sage, your playing?" I nod, "Yea after this game you can have my controller." She sits on a chair beside the couch and giggles, "Naw it's okay I don't really play video games." I nod again and focus on trying to shoot Will. "Hey, don't shoot me!" Willy laughs. "To late!" I say and shoot him. "Aww come on! Next time i'm playing with you!" "Fine by me." I say smiling, even though he can't see. "Umm guys i'm sorry to interupt but we only have an hour to get to the restaurant." Stephanie says. "Oh shit." I say and turn off my controller. "What happened?" Will says, still in my ear. "Oh I just have to get ready." "Okay, I'll see you there then?" "Yeah for sure see you." "Bye." Will ends the convo and Mitch helps me take off the head set. "Can I come with?" Stephanie asks. I smile, "Yea of course. And can I be the first to say woah, you look good!" She giggles, "Shut up!"

Me and Steph go to my room and I change into my outfit. "Damn stunner." She smiles, "William is sure going to be impressed." I blush. She comes up to me and does my necklace, "Was that him you were talking with on that game?" I nod and smile, "Yeah." "Me and the girls will help you all night if you need it." I turn to her and she takes hold of both my hands. "Wait but aren't we all going to stay together?" Stephanie nods, "Of course but ya know if you end up wandering off with him, you can always text us and we'll come." "Thanks Steph, for everything." "It's the least we can do and besides we all love helping out each especially if it's about boys." I laugh and Stephanie pulls me into a hug.

We grab all our things and meet Mitch and Auston at the door. Stephanie and Mitch kiss and greet each other, which me and Auston eventually have to break apart. Me and Steph are going together in her car and Auston and Mitch go in Mitch's car. We talk about how we think the party is going to be like and Stephanie gives me pointers on how to get Will. We arrive at the restaurant which looks more like a dining hall to me. Steph finds a close parking spot and we get out of her car. "You ready?" Steph asks me with a huge smile on her face. I giggle, "I don't know but I know you are!" She laughs, "You be fine Say, I be there with you the whole night." I nod, "Thanks." She shakes her head, "Its my pleasure girl." And just like that we walk from the parking lot into the restaurant...