Risking (Team)

Keys~

None

Requested By~ None

Your P.O.V.

The team sits quietly in Megan's Bio-ship. We're on our way back from the last mission. It was suppose to be a simple watch and report. Well.... I messed that up, big time. The second man brought a child with him and it just caused me to snap. I rushed in, completely forgetting our mission, and pulled the kid away from them. The poor guys only five! FIVE! Who does that to a kid?! But in the process I almost got shot. Luckily Conner got to me before the bolt or else I'd probably be dead.

We enter the mountain and Megan lands the ship. The door opens and we all spill out. Walking up to the League I prepare myself for the lecture that is coming. We all stand in front of our mentors. I don't really have a mentor but if I did he'd probably be disappointed. Oh well.... I guess.... We stand there we're on display. Everyone's eyes burn into me as I try to look bored. It must be working because I see Batman's blood boil over.

He finally snaps and starts yelling at us. "I said watch and report! NOT attack!" her turns towards Kaldur and starts yelling at him directly. "You are the team leader! You are in charge of your team and their actions! I should kick you off the team!" When I hear that my head snaps towards them.

"No" I yell towards Batman.

"What did you say?" He says more as a threat then a question.

"I......SAID......NO! I messed up the mission! He tried to stop me! Heck! The while team tried to stop me! It was my fault! Okay?! I messed up the mission! Again!" By the time I'm finished everybody looks between Batman and me. They're both surprised and shocked that I yelled back. No one and I repeat NO ONE yells at Batman. He walks towards and stops in front of me. He starts his glare at me as I let out a crackle of laughter.

After I laugh at glare right back at him. This last for a while till he blinks. I grin at me and his face is berried in anger.

"This is the seventh mission you messed up!" He yells at me "You risk everything and this time you almost lost! What would have happened if Superboy hadn't gotten to you?!" He snaps.

I try to hold my tongue but fail, miserably. "I would have died but that little boy would have lived! But thanks to me he won't have to live a life like I had! Thanks to me that boy can have a life! He won't have to coward in fear! He won't have to be like me!" I fight back.

"Why do you keep risking life?! To prove a point?!" He yells back at me.

"YES!" I scream without thinking. Everyone goes silent as tears roll down my face. I try to calm myself down and blink the rest of them away.

When my breath finally steadies again Batman starts talking. "What.... what did you mean by all that?" He asks with worry, his anger and tough guy act forgotten about.

I let a shaky breath and answer him. "It's.... it's a long story...."

Author's Note~

Hey guys! Thank you all for reading this far! But anyway.... Should I do a part two for this? Yes, no? Or should I let you come up with the reader's past on your own??????? I don't know so tell me what you think I should do! Thank you all again!

~Juuzou1307