Stressed Out (Bart Allen)

Keys~
Y/N~ Your Name
H/N~ Hero Name
N/N~ Nick Name
H/C~ Hair Color
E/C~ Eye Color

Requested By~ None

Bart's P.O.V.

I walk into the mountain after school. "Impulse B-15" The computer automatically says. I head towards the living/kitchen area and I drop my bag by the door frame. I notice Megan and Beasty cooking something, will Conner and Wally watch TV.

"Hey guys!" I say taking a seat on the couch. They all say hi back as I start watching TV too. A few hours later everybody is spread out lazily around the TV as we watch a movie. H/N - the team's Guinness walks in with her face in a file. She's the youngest member of the bat-family and probably the smartest too. (In this one shot Bart's the only one on the team that knows the Bat-fam's names, other then themselves of course.) Y/N quietly murmurs to herself as she walks around freely. Every now and again she walks in front of the TV and we just let her be. When she's like this the smallest thing can set her off!

I shuffle around into a new spot and her head snaps towards me. Everyone holds their breath as her mask turns into little tiny slits. I slowly shrink into myself as she stares at me for a little while longer. When she decides I'm not worth her yelling she turns back to her file. Everyone can tell that she's already stressed out this week. After a few more minutes of her passing around she finally decides to sit down. She slowly sinks to the floor behind the coffee table and leans against the couch. She sets the file down and scatters the papers on the table. Each of the papers have some kind of information on someone. Heroes and villains alike.

"H/N!" Nightwing calls walking in. She lets out a sound that sounds like a half bark, half yawn as an answer. "The League gave us a new mission and I need you-"

"-to plan out the mission so no one dies and we don't fail. Ya, ya! Add it to the pile!" She says cutting him off.

".....okay....." He says surprised at her rough tune but sets down a few files on the table.

*Time Skip*

For the past two weeks we've had mission after mission. On the last mission I got hurt so I'm on house arrest. Everyone is out on missions - well - but Y/N and me. Being a part of the Bat-family she's a good fighter but she's swamped with new missions she needs to plan out for us. I quietly sit and watch her work for a while.

Her tongue sticks out as she scribbles down different notes and numbers and such. Her H/C hair hangs around her wildly from being pulled and messed with. A strand hangs loosely over her E/C eyes. I have to admit she's pretty cute like this. She's really nice and funny too when she's not working over time. I sit, staring at her for another hour or two in a peaceful silence. "Shut up!" Her voice snaps through the quietness.

"I didn't say anything!" I defend myself. She turns towards me her E/C eyes filled with stress and anger as she glares at me. Her face shows nothing but stress from all the pressure the team puts on her. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to do her job. She has to set up the best team and best plan for every mission and in our line of work one wrong move and you could be dead!

"I don't care! SHUT UP!" She screams at me. I sit there blankly as I watch her turn back to her work.

"Ah.... okay?" I try. She sends me a small glance but then turns right back to her work. Less the ten minutes later she snaps at me again.

"AHHHHH!" She screams tugging on her hair.

"Are you okay?" I asked her worried.

"No! No, do I look okay? NO!" She tells me. She hides her face in her hands and tries to steady her shaky breaths. I slowly walk up to her and sit on the floor next to her. Her small frame shakes widely as she cries. Carefully I pull her into a hug. She buries her head into me as she wraps her arms around me tightly.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I can't do it.... I can't do it anymore Bart!" She says letting out more tears. They soak into my shirt but I don't care.

"What? What can't you do anymore N/N?" I ask confused and worried.

"This Bart! This!" She says pointing to the coffee table covered with different mission plans and files. "I haven't slept in ten days because of this!" She says holding on to me like her life depends on it. "I don't have time to sleep! I've been to busy making sure my plans work! I'm to busy making sure we don't fail and that no one dies! Do you know how hard that is?!" She yells upset. She clings to me tighter - if that's possible - as she says the last part. Her nails claw into me and will probably leave marks, but I don't care about that either. I look down at her to see her eyes all pink and fluffy from her crying. She has dried tear trails on her face and new ones are starting to form as she continues crying. I stroke her hair as she tries to settle herself down again.

"Shh... It's okay baby girl..." I whisper in her ear along with other sweet things. We stay like this till she cries herself asleep on me. "H/N?..... H/N?...... Y/N?...." I try but get no answer. Carefully I lift her up and carry her to her room in the mountain. I mange to both open the door and move her blankets down without waking her up. I lay her on the bed and pull the blankets over her. 'She looks so peaceful when she sleeps!' I think, gently kissing her cheek. "I love you Y/N...." I murmur out. I turn to leave but before I get to far I feel a tug on my wrist. I look down to see Y/N's small hand wrapped around me.

"I love you too..." She says back. I feel my face flare up as I blush at her words and mine. "I'm sorry..." She peeps out.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked confused. I slowly sink to the floor waiting for her answer. Her hand still wrapped around my arm. Her E/C eyes, of which I would like to see more of, lock on me. I love her eyes! No one on the team knows the Bat-family's identities, but me of course. If her brothers walked in and noticed she didn't have her mask on, even if it's just me here, she would get on hour lecture about it. So I only get to see them when it's just the two of us, which very rarely happens.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you like this and that I became a crying mess. This isn't your fault. I know what I was signing up for when I decided to join the team...." She says trailing off into her thoughts. She lets go of me and lets her arm drop down to the floor.

"You're fine. Everyone has their breaking point you've been so stressed lately that you got pushed to it. And honestly it's probably the whole team's fault. We all let you push yourself to this point and none of us noticed you haven't been sleeping and you probably haven't been eating either, have you?" I ask, lacing our fingers together. She nods her head no, telling me that indeed, she hasn't eaten anything recently.

We stay quite for a will till I shuffle in my spot. She snaps her eyes towards me taking all my actions in. I stand up to settle into a more comfortable spot and it must scare her. "Will you stay with me?" She squeaks out.

I smile down at her and answer. "Of course..." I crawl into her bed and slip under the blankets with her. She instantly snuggles into me and I wrapper in my arms around her protectively. I try to push down the blush that is forming but fail miserably. "Does this mean I'm your boyfriend now?" I ask not knowing what we are.

"....yes...." She whispers against my neck. This sends shivers down my spin as I smile at her answer. I plant a kiss on the top of her head as she slips back off to sleep. I slip off to sleep too, smiling at the idea that my crush is now my girlfriend........