Her Parents Don't Matter (Dick Grayson)

Keys~
Y/N~ Your Name
H/N~ Hero Name

Requested By~ robinofyoungjustice

Your P.O.V.
I slowly shuffle behind Batman as he walks into Mount Justice. I don't know much about anyone I'm going to meet today. I should be happy that I'm meeting some of the Justice League and the whole Young Justice team. Who wouldn't be happy? ME! That's who!

You see I don't got the best ahh.... structure when it comes to people liking me. You see I'm kind of the daughter of the worlds craziest clown - the Joker. And he makes sure everyone knows it too! From him broadcasting it on TV to carving 'Property of Joker' into my arm. So can't exactly hide the fact that he's my dad. So people usually hate me.

We walk up to a group of people in superhero suits. One looks like a blond version of Robin Hood. Another looks like a ketchup bottle and the one next to him is wearing blue tights. One is wearing orange fish scales and the other person in the room has green skin.

I look over to my will be team and take their looks in too. There's one boy who looks like a smaller version of the blue tight man. The boy is standing next to a green skinned girl with red hair hanging over her shoulders. There's another boy but this one has gills. The last boy that looks like a mustered bottle with bright red hair. The last girl in the group has long blond hair and is wearing all green like the Robin Hood look a like. My eyes land on Dick - or Robin I guess. He smiles at me and waved shyly.

I don't wave back. Instead I bury my head into Batman's back and wrap my arms around his waist. "I change my mind!" I shout out. He ignores me and drags me towards the group of people. I can guess they all look at me with either surprise or pity. But that will soon change once they find out who I am. Or more specifically, who my father is.

"Too late!" He he says picking me up under my arms. He dangles me in front of him like I'm baby Simba. He then sets me back on my feet, in the middle of the people circle. Everyone introduces themselves. Every time someone talks I turn towards them and match their names with their faces. Di-Robin doesn't say anything so everyone looks at him. I look at him too. A grin spreads on his face and he waves again, more confidently this time. I shyly smile and wave back with my non-carved arm.

Silence takes over as everyone waits for me to introduce myself. The silence gives me a chance to slip of into my head. Naturally bad thoughts come to mind as I stay quite. From habit I trace the label on my arm as I think, ignoring everyone. "Are they going to kill me?" I blurt out one of my thoughts before I can stop myself.

Robins sweet laugh breaks through the silence. "No! We're the good guys! Remember?" He says reminding me in a joking tone to try and lighten the mood.

My eyes widen as I think about what I just said. "Oh.... right..... that was a silly thought!" I say smiling shyly again. I drop my hand away from my arm and instantly regret it. Everyone's eyes look towards my arm as they read over the words. The younger side of the circle shot me dirty looks as the older members look at me with pity. Oh how I hate pity! I see the Team start to whisper between themselves and I roll my eyes. "Of course they hate me!" I say.

"No they don't!" Robin tries to reassure me.

I turn towards him and start talking. "Of course they do! Haven't you heard? Apparently I'm also a crazy, killing, clown!" I say adding a sarcastic version of my father's laugh. His smile falls and my hearts falls a little too. I hate to make Dick upset. Even before we started dating I hated seeing him upset. I trail back off into my la, la land.

"You don't hate her do you guys?" Dick's voice pulls me back out of my mind.

"I don't think hate is a strong enough word!" Wally answers him. Theirs a choirs of agrees and I can feel something shatters in me. I try my best to make it unnoticeable by rolling my eyes again.