Fear But Joy (Dick Grayson)

Keys~

Y/N~ Your Name

H/N~ Hero Name

H/L~ Hair Length

H/C~ Hair Color

E/C~ Eye Color

N/N~ Nick Name

Requested By~ robinofyoungjustice

Notes~ Okay so the reader is Slade's (a.k.a Deathstroke's) daughter. Also the inference of rape and torture so beware.

Dick's P.O.V.

I sit in the Bat-cave as Bruce talks on the phone. Sitting on the chair in front of the computer, I watch him hang up and walk over to me. "Put your mask on." He says pulling his own on too. Slipping it on I don't ask any questions.

After a few minutes of silence the computer goes off. "Superman 01, unknown scan! Lock down commencing!"

"Batman 02! Over ride code JHE4720!" Batman yells, turning off the lock down. He moves the chair, and me, out of the way so he can use the computer. Quickly he fixes the unknown scan.  Looking over his should I read what he writes. H/N B09 it reads.

Looking back towards Superman, I only see him. I go to get up so I can investigate. When I move around Batman's head snaps towards me. "Sit!" He hisses at me. Surprised at his tone I flip back down without question.

Superman walks over and I hear the pitter, patter of small feet. Again, I look a

round but don't see anything from the chair. Looking down I see a pair of dirty, white sneakers barely visible from hiding behind Superman's red boots and cape. "Are you going to say hello?" The man of Steel asks over his shoulder.

Glancing back up I look at Batman confused. He ignores my look and turns towards Superman and the unknown child. "I suppose I should..." Says a small, female voice from behind the hero.

The girl pops her head into view as she looks over Batman and me. "Come on! He's not going to bite!" Superman urges her on.

"I know the kid ain't going to bite!" She snaps back with a playful smile on her lips. "Hello Mr. Wayne!" She says stepping out from behind Clark. She waves which causes her H/L, H/C hair to bounce around a little. Her E/C eyes shine with joy as she smiles at Bruce and me.

Glaring at Clark, Bruce waves back at the girl. "What? I thought her knowing who you are would... you know! Make her trust you and the kid easier!" Clark defense himself with a shy smile.

Bruce glares a little longer before turning toward the E/C eyed beauty. "Hello Y/N! How are you?" He asks with a real, genuine smile. This is the first time in a while that I've seen his real smile and not his business one, so I soak it in.

"I'm doing awesome! How about you?" The girl - Y/N asks.

"Could be worse." He answers back before turning towards me. "Dick meet Y/N, Y/N meet Dick." He says pointing between us.

"Why do you have to be so rude? Just cause your son is a dick doesn't mean you call him one!" She - surprisingly - yells at him.

Bruce stairs at her blankly as Clark and I laugh. "My real name is Richard but everyone calls me Dick!" I explain.

"Oh.... Sorry for yelling at you Batsy!" She says carefully.

"How about you take Y/N up stairs so me and Clark can talk?" He states more then asks. Leaving my mask behind I head for the elevator with Y/N in tow.  We get up to the manor and I head towards my room. I open the door and sit on the chair at my desk. She slips in and gracefully sits on my bed.