Jouska

Ch.10 - Jouska

The following days after the whirlwind of events had gone by without so much as a hitch it appeared. Classes were the same as usual and no one seemed to really pay much attention or pick up on the secret that several of their classmates shared.

Though in reality, it was only another person was added to the secret in question and thus nothing much had seemed to change. You knew not to raise suspicions too high, and thus you kept your usual distance from the crew of people you had been spending an extra few hours with now.

Yaoyorozu had picked up on small signs of exhaustion from you, but had simply wrote it off that you had been practicing more for the final performance that she and you had started. Yaoyorozu was rather excited for many reasons... the first being that you had found a partner, but he was adamant on being kept a secret until it was time.

The ravenette knew better then to push more information out of you, so instead she had made a habit of leaving remarks that would show how curious she was. Such as when you mentioned how your partner was more than strong enough to be able to lift you with ease. Yaoyorozu had lifted her hand and mumbled something about that information being 'something out of a romance novel.'

You had merely shook your head at her, insisting it was more so that you could work in a few more 'partner' moves in order to show your teachers that you really had found someone to work with. The discussion never went further than that, but the musical girl had hopes that one day she'd be able to meet the person who had lifted you up in more ways than one.

As she always hoped her relationship with you would one day cross over into something much more friendly than a simple peer relationship.

But she knew all not to press you. Something about the way you interacted with others told her that much, and until you were ready to put your trust into her along with your friendship... she would be waiting patiently and making the best music she could for you.

Aside from Yaoyorozu's little teasing, you hadn't interacted with anyone else through the week. Sure you had been asked to run errands with Todoroki, had to do an English exercise partnered with Midoriya and then had after school chores this week with Hagakure... but these interactions were needed and mandatory for you to have.

You didn't seek them out, and most of them surely didn't want to have more of a talk with you beyond the small variety. And so, you never tried to push the conversation beyond a "Todoroki-san, we need to go to the third floor to drop these notebook off." or "Midoriya-san, you've confused ran with run." and finally a "Hagakure-san, you have practice with Ojirou-san, correct? If so, I can do the cleaning myself. No need to waste your precious time with your dance partner."

So when you did manage to make your way to the underpass by the park with the river near sundown every day after school... it was surprising that people actually wanted to have a conversation with you beyond what you were willing to put out.

"All I'm saying-" Kaminari was mid-rant. "Is that if Aizawa-sensei could care less... why does he grade our papers like he's some Ivy League professor?"

"'Cause this is UA... and you need to be perfect in everything!" Mina threw her hands in the air as she sat on the grass near the boys who were stretched out among the concrete ledge and crates.

"What I'd give to have Bakugou's grades..." Sero sighed, a dreamy expression on his face.

"You could always ask him to help you study." Kirishima brought up, then made a face of realization. "Actually, don't... last time I asked for his help I think he gave me brain damage with the amount of times he hit me with some rolled up study sheets..."