Kairosclerosis

Ch.49 - Kairosclerosis

Eventually, the both of you had to separate. After all, it would be weird for you both to just stand in silence on the middle of the stage in an embrace for the next fifteen minutes or so while the teachers graded your performance. And thus, after about five minutes of calming your nerves and just showing your boyfriend in a silent way how happy and grateful you were for his work, you separated.

Bakugou looked at you, lips turning into a smirk. He lifted his hand up, ruffling your locks before he turned his back to you and started to walk away. He seemed pleased with it all, so if anything you knew he was going to be happy no matter how things turned out.

You soon made your way back to the others who had been patiently waiting for you and Bakugou to return back to them. As soon as they saw you both, they all rushed forward, pulling all seven of you into a tight group hug and laughing happily.

"You both were amazing!" Mina squealed.

"Whoever says ballet and breakdancing can't go together has never seen you both dance!" Kaminari yelled.

"It was lovely. Truly lovely." Yaoyorozu nodded to the pair of you.

"Your hard work seemed to pay off!" Sero nodded to you both.

"It was damn incredible!" Kirishima did his best to give you both a thumbs up, but his hands were being pressed against and holding on tightly to the friends around him.

You laughed, feeling Bakugou squirming around you, seeming to be attempting to free himself from the grasps of his friends. You didn't mind it though, you loved this feeling of you all hugging and embracing one another. It was warm and soft and kind.

"We couldn't have done it without all of you." You paused a moment. "I would have never been able to get this far without all of you..."

Everyone looked at you with softening eyes. Your voice had been soft and sincere, sounding as if you were exchanging a secret vow to all of them. So overcome with joy that you loved them all as much as they loved you, the hard squeezing started up once more and with one final powerful hug, everyone could feel their bones crack a little bit from the force of it all.

"Alright. Off." Bakugou had reached his point of touching. "Now, or I'll kick all your asses off me."

Giggling picked up again, and everyone disconnected from one another. There was still a good ten minutes before Bakugou and you would need to go back out. So in that time, your friends wanted to make sure the pair of you had all you needed and wanted during this nerve-wracking period.

"Water? Juice? Tea? Coffee?" Yao-Momo hovered, showing off a collection of drinks she had collected at one point.

"Water for me please." You spike, watching your music partner hand you one of the two bottles of water. "I worked up a thirst it seems."

"Course you did!" Kaminari hollered beside you. "You did so many flips and jumps that it would be weird if you were not thirsty!

You nearly had the water come out your nose from how silly he was being over you doing flips and jumps. In all honesty, you were used to these things, as ballet wasn't exactly as safe practice, as your ankle knew.

"Are you guys worried about the grade?" Sero asked you and Bakugou.

You shrugged. "Not really... if anything I'm more worried about what my parents will say once we're dismissed. As for Bakugou... he has nothing to fear, because if he gets back into UA... it only means this little dance will be for extra credit for him."