Rollover Reaction

Ch.43 - Rollover Reaction

"And how are you this morning, my successful friend?!" Kaminari greeted you as you arrived at class 1-A.

"Kami-kun!" You laughed. "Hush!"

"He can't help it... he's been on cloud nine since Saturday." Mina sighed.

"How could I not! Do you know how many video games my share of the prize money can buy?! I'll give you a hint... it's in the triple digits!"

"How about saving that money... idiot." Bakugou huffed, legs up on his desk.

"Morning." You greeted him, watching as his eyes caught onto yours.

"Mornin'." He greeted you back, motioning towards his phone.

You nodded, telling him you had already gotten his last text. It had been going pretty nonstop since Saturday... the both of you further figuring out what you were and getting pretty close to the big 'Boyfriend-Girlfriend' word exchange. It was clear though... the two of you were dating now.

The speed of his responses proved he had been hovering over his phone all day Sunday... as you had been too. So... it was a good sign. Both of you were happy... and ready to finally get this 'dating' thing started.

The usual laughter and weekend chatter of the classroom was strong among all twenty of you, but it was suddenly silenced as the intercom was turned on. The majority of those in the classroom covering their ears or wincing from the sound.

"Ashido Mina, Bakugou Katsuki, Kaminari Denki, Kirishima Eijirou, Sero Hanta, and (Last Name) (First Name), you are excused from morning lessons. Please report down to the faculty offices at once. Thank you."

You all exchanged glances and shrugged. You were all pretty curious what this could be about and slowly grabbed your things and headed that way. The trip there was filled with goofy guesses, such as this being how Aizawa-sensei and Yamada-sensei wanted to ask how the competition went.

That was all cut short, however, the moment you all opened the doors to the room, a deafening silence greeting you all. In the room before you all directly was Todoroki Enji, on either side of him a projected screen with a camera attached. One showing the puffy eyes face of your mother, the other an irritated-looking father. On the other side of the room, seeming to have been pushed together were the teachers themselves, looking rather upset and angry towards the UA PTA.

"Come in. Have a seat." Enji greeted you all.

You and your friends exchanged looks, the same sinking feeling coming into your stomachs. You sat down at the edge of the six seats laid out, seeing your mother choke back a cry at seeing you here.

"Welcome students." Enji spoke, clicking a remote in his hands the screen behind him lighting up with pictures. "Would you please inform of the reasons for... these."

Your heart stopped, an image of you and Kaminari having knocked the masks off each other shown. Part of your face and Kaminari's visible lightning bolt strip. Photo evidence.

With another click, the UA student applications appeared, specifically Mina and Bakugous. Highlighted before them were background in hip hop dances and music... as well as former breakdancing experience. Written evidence.

Lastly, Enji pointed towards Sero and Kirishima. "You both seem like the type who would go along with your friends... so I can assume that you both make up the final two members of that dance crew. Neither said anything, only lowering their gazes into a light glare. Gut feeling