Swish Fulfillment

Ch.42 - Swish Fulfillment

"And our final group... the internet infamous... Vindicous!" The announcer cheered, the stage curtains opening up to show the original five members of the group.

You watched with anticipation from your little corner backstage. You intended to silently root for them back here until you saw their cue to enter. And then you would still silently root for them, but also for yourself.

Chargebolt and Cellophane were nailing their duo set, as Red Riot and Ground Zero were prepping Pinky to throw her in the air. And once Pinky was flown off stage, your could catch her before allowing the tanuki to throw you in herself. Then she'd jump into the arms of the red oni herself.

Zero and Red were swinging her, Charge and Cello on the floor, doing a neon version of the worm. And then Pinky was airborne. You sucked in a deep breath as soft pink clothing was in your arms, a girl laughing as well.

"Alright! Your turn our cute dragon!" She spoke, showing off her own strength and endurance as she lifted and tossed you onto stage with ease.

You pushed out your arms, feeling Red connect his own with yours. The male helping your feet skid to a stop, Charge doing the same with Pinky. Then the boys backed away, Pinky taking the lead, slamming her feet against the ground like she was tap dancing. She paused, throwing her arms toward you, and then you copying her previous moves perfectly. And then she copied you. The both of you doing a few backflips, the boys coming forward and taking over, then fell to their knees.

You and Pinky doing front flips, landing on the shoulders of two males, swinging off them on the next moment and continuing. The others fading as Ground started own private little session. You breathed in heavily, feeling Charge and Red lift you up, you standing on their shoulders.

Pinky and Cellophane standing near Zero in case you soared over him by accident and needed emergency support. Red tapped your leg, telling you to get ready. You nodded, stancing yourself.

Time for a risky mid-air flip. One you had mastered the last two months at practice... but at this moment, seeing as you felt you were not as flashy as the others wanted or needed you to be... you thought it was in your best interest to attempt a double.

The music dropped suddenly, the lights turning off. This was it, they were about to flicker and you needed to be mid-air to create that slow strobe light effect. And thus, you bouncing off the shoulders of your friends aiming for Zero's extended arms, seeing from the corners of your eyes as the others fell into place for their final moves and stances.

But something was wrong. Something you had done was very very wrong.

You had overestimated it. Your attempt to do an extra flip than you were supposed to was about to cost you... and everyone. You gritted your teeth, bracing for the impact with the cold hard floor, sucking in the air, feeling a chill run up your spine.

Arms wrapped around you a moment later, and then you were airborne once more. This time held snugly into someone, as they landed and skidded across the floor. Your eyes under the mask blinking to see the face design of a fox.

Pinky doing the splits right in front of you, Chargebolt, Red Riot, and Cellophane all doing dorky hero stances behind you. Zero fell to his knees, holding you up as if you were the child of the sun. And then... the music stopped and the lights lingered for ten seconds more before they faded.

The crowd burst into cheers, some standing up and hollering in joy without a second thought. A few of the judges standing up after a few minutes as well, and of the ones who were still sitting, all but one were clapping with smiles on their faces.