Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning at 8. I felt kind of nervous for the meeting with Natalie. I got out of bed, went to my bathroom, showered and changed into a white tube top with adidas sweatpants and Balenciaga sock shoes. I didn't know what to do with my hair so I just put it in two French braids.

I went into Maddy's room to wake her up;
"Riiiiise and Shiiiiine."
She looked at me confused, and we both started laughing.
"Ok, get up now, I'm making my infamous pancakes!" I said.

After that I left Maddy's room and went to the kitchen. Lilly was already there.
"Morning, Lils, let's make pancakes" I said
"Sure, by the way Madison's birthday is in 5 days, on September 9th. She's going to be 20 finally. We have to make it epic!"said Lilly.
" Oh yeah, we definitely need to do something amazing, we'll talk about it later." I said.

We finished making the pancakes and Maddy came to the kitchen. We ate the pancakes together. "Hey Sof (short for Sofia) can you drop me off at 417 sunset boulevard for a video shoot?" said Maddy.
"Yeah, for sure we have to be quick. I have a meeting soon with my manager"

We grabbed our stuff and quickly headed out. I just realized how bad traffic was in L.A, even worse than in Toronto. Finally, we got to Maddy's address. Then I drove to Natalie's office. I was running a bit late. So, I was finding  parking fast. I finally found parking. Right when I got out of my car, a baby blue Porsche came and scraped my car while trying to park beside me.

"What the fuck, are you doing? Do you not know how to drive?" I said to the man in the car. He got out of his car, he was about 6 ft, had light brown floppy hair and hazel eyes. He walked up to me and laughed instead of apologizing. I could tell he wasn't really nice.
"Excuse me!? You're not going to apologize. You just hit my car!"
Her rolled his eyes saying "That's what you call a CAR?" And walked away
Hey, I had a Mazda but it wasn't as bad as he was making it, it was my dad's old car that I got to keep when I got my license. It kind of hurt my feelings. But I was still so angry at him.

I realized I was getting late so, I speed walked to Natalie's office. I didn't want her to think I wasn't taking her seriously. I heard arguing inside. I slowly opened the door and walked in. Both of them looked at me and I realized the other person was the rude guy who scraped my car. "YOU!" we said at the same time. Natalie looked confused. "Never mind" I said and took a seat In front of her desk beside the other boy.

"So, as I was saying Grayson, you have been seen out with yet ANOTHER girl last night and different girls every night this whole week at parties, clubs, what are you doing? Do you know what impact this is having on your career and reputation."

Oh so Grayson was his name. Grayson stayed quiet the whole time. I was still confused about what this rambling had to do with me. I interrupted Natalie " I'm sorry but what does this have to do with me?"
Natalie looked at both of us seriously and said
" Grayson, you need to be in a legitimate relationship with someone so your fans know you have changed. So, I decided that you and Sofia will pretend date for 6 months, so that you can be known once again as a good person and not just a hooker or dunk. And Sofia can get the fame and attention she needs in order to become a famous model"

Grayson looked at me and then turned to Natalie saying " I  don't even know her! And how do you have a right to interfere in my private life, I don't want to do this bullshit. It's not real and I don't want my fans to be tricked like that". He looked angry and kind of sad.

" Grayson, do you know what impact this is having on your career and reputation. Nobody wants to watch your movies and all your young fans parents despise you for being the person you are. They don't want their kids watching you! If you date Sofia then they will think you have changed and people will hire you for roles. Sofia will get her fame and attention and she will also be receiving a check of  $5000 every month"
We both were silent. I was not expecting this but sometimes you have to do something you don't like to ultimately get what you most desire and I was ready to do it, but I was still scared and nervous about what to do.

"Grayson and Sofia listen to me. If you sign this contract, this will be the best decision you will have ever made in your whole life. Trust me, there's a reason why I'm so famous and smart. I know what I'm doing. So..."
She pulled out the contract. Grayson and I looked at each other and signed the contract.

"Oh and Grayson you need to make YouTube videos again with Ethan. The Dolan Twins channel has been going down hill and you need to create a direct connection with you fans" Natalie said.
"So, how does this work,?" I said
"I will be texting you and Grayson about what to do and where. I will also be tipping the paparazzi about it. You both need to act like a couple then. Other than that you can do whatever you want but Grayson has to only have ONE girlfriend."
I slowly nodded my head. Grayson sighed and said that he had to go to an audition.

We both got up and left. We got in the elevator
"So, this is what we're stuck in now." I said with nervous laughter. Grayson just rolled his eyes and looked away. He looked angry.
I got out of the elevator and went to my car while Grayson got some coffee from the cafe downstairs.
I didn't know how to feel about this pretend dating stuff. I felt like I was discovering the darker side of fame. I sighed and drove off.

A/N
Hey, hope you liked this chapter. Some emotions coming soon! I promise.
Xoxo👋🇨🇦