Chapter 55

I woke up to something itching my nose.
I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful monarch butterfly sitting on my nose. I laughed and stared at it and soon it flew away to a near by flower bed. I got up and thought it would be a good idea to close the sliding doors.

It was already noon and I felt around for my phone and realized I had chucked it at the wall last night during my mental breakdown.

I thought about staying here for the next while. I didn't have any upcoming events or meetings and I needed some time away from my friends and family.

I cleaned up around my cozy little house on the hill side. There was mascara running down my cheeks and my hair looked like I had gotten electrocuted. I showered and changed into a pastel yellow denim skirt and jacket with a white tube top underneath.

I got in my car and went to a cute coffee spot near me and sat outside with a journal and pen

I got in my car and went to a cute coffee spot near me and sat outside with a journal and pen. I ordered 3 glazed donuts, a bagel and a iced latte. My cravings were crazy right now and I couldn't resist.

I sat outside in the shade of a tree at a table with my hair flowing in the ocean breeze. I wrote down all my feelings and thought about what I was going to do.

"Hey, I'm Alexandria. Do you need anything else" the waitress said. She was around 16 years old and had two pigtails and was wearing a cute plaid skirt.

"No, I'm good. Thank you for asking!" I smiled at her and she started blushing.

"Oh my god. Okay I wasn't gonna ask cuz you probably get this so much and you looked so focused but can I please get a picture with you, Sofia?"

"Oh of course." I posed while we had a full on photo shoot but I also noticed this person kept calling her between her pictures.

"I'm not trying to be nosy but is everything okay? You're really trying to avoid this person."
"Yeah well it's complicated..."

"You can tell me. You probably know so much about me, why don't I get to know you a little." I said shrugging.

She sat down at the table, and paused and said
"I'm gonna tell you a secret because you're my role model and I look up to you so much."

"We're friends now, you can trust me."

"Well, Thats my mom calling me because she probably got a phone call from my school. I'm really struggling in school right now because I work everyday after school to help my parents pay the rent and today we had our midterms and I failed half of them. My parents are going to tell me to quit work but then we would go broke."

"Oh I'm so sorry. Look I wouldn't hide this from your parents I'm sure they'll understand and be able to cooperate and find a way out."
"Are you sure?" She asked skeptically

"100 percent. And I can help you out a bit. Do you have venmo?"

"Here." She put it into my phone.

"Thank you so much Sofia for the advice. You will always inspire me. I love you so much."

"Thank you and remember to always face your problems head on." I gave her a hug and picked up all my stuff.

I got in my car and yelled back at her.
"Check your venmo!" I deposited $10,000 into her account and watched her face grow in shock and her jumping up and down everywhere. I waved at her and drove back to my beach house.

I went down to the beach at sunset and walked along the shore with my feet naked. I thought back at Alexandria's story and realized something. I had to follow the same advice I give out. I had to tell Grayson about the baby and give Corey a call. Even if neither of them wanted the baby or anything to do with me, I would have at least told my best friends the truth and wouldn't have to live with guilt my whole life.

I quickly put all my stuff in my car and drove back to my apartment. I was going to tell Grayson the truth.

I opened the door to my complex and Madison ran up to me.
"Sofia! Where were you? Do you have any idea how worried everyone is? We're in a huge problem."
"I just had to escape for a while and my phone broke. What is it?" I started getting super anxious seeing the look on Maddy's face.
"Lilly and the twins are out looking for you and we were just about to file a police report! I have to call them that you've come home."

"Maddy what is it? What happened?"
She ignored me and called Grayson and told him to come home.
"Maddy, will you tell me what's going on here?" I sat down because I was getting really anxious.  I saw her suitcase sitting near the door.
"Maddy, why is your suitcase packed?!"
She ignored me and opened the door and took her bags out.

I stood up and barged to her face.
"MADISON BRADY IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AND WHY EVERYONE IS SO NERVOUS AND WHY THIS SUITCASE IS HERE I WILL-"

"Sofia? Do you have your passport with you." We were getting in an Uber which was heading to LAX
"Fuck. Um yes I do. Tell me what happened."

"Well last night you didn't come home so Lilly and I just assumed you were staying at the twins house and in the middle of the night I got a call from Rowan..."

"Dad called?" My voice cracked.

"Sofia, it's your mom... it's Lara. She's in the ICU and almost died. We need to leave right now. Rowan was saying that you weren't picking up so he called me and told me that your mom was shaking and her blood pressure was super high so he took her to the Emergency unit and he needs you to come home."
"Fuck how can this be? I just talked to her yesterday!" I was numb and couldn't get a word out. I was having a flash back of my whole life and new something well. I couldn't let my mama leave me from so far away. I had to get to Toronto fast.

"Well Lilly and I went over to the twins and they said you weren't there and we were looking for you all day and then you just show up at night."

We got in our emergency flight and we're off in less than half an hour. We still had a 10 hour flight ahead.

I tried sleeping to cover time but all I could think of was the worst. That's how anxiety works. It makes you think the worst think that could possibly happen just because it was a possibility even if 1 in a million.

A/N
Make sure to vote for this chapter and comment stuff!