Chapter 15

Grayson's P.O.V
I got home from an audition at Marvel Studios for Venom 2. It was 7 pm and decided to try calling Sofia once again. I crossed my fingers and called 5 times but it kept going on voicemail. I was so confused as to why she wasn't talking to me and it hurt my heart so badly. I wish I were a little boy again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts.

I'm not supposed to miss her, I'm not supposed to care but I can't help but care and not being able to hear her voice just breaks my heart. I've been frustrated and angry so much but I haven't drank or smoked again because I know I have to change for my sake, and especially for Ethan's sake.

I showered and changed into some cosy "Swim in the Light" merch. I sat down and decided to think of some video ideas. I had to do something to show Ethan that I had changed.

I tried concentrating but my mind kept going back to Sofia. Her perfect eyes, plump lips, rosy cheeks, heavenly body.

I got up and looked at the time it was 9 pm. I got up and went to Ethan's room, we decided we should do a bbq as it was late and we needed something for dinner. I got everything ready and turned on the grill. I made some kabobs while Ethan fixed the dishes.

We ate and then Ethan went inside. I watched the late summer sunset for a while alone. I was about to go wash the dishes when I felt this strain on my heart and I fell to the ground. I knew something was wrong and that someone was calling for me. The first person I thought of was Sofia but I told myself it was just my heart aching for her.
I got up and grabbed my phone and went inside.
"Hey, Ethan. I'm going to put the dishes in the dishwasher. I don't really feel well anymore."
I put the dishes in the dishwasher and sat down on the couch with Ethan. We talked for a while and put on a movie.

Halfway through the movie, I got a phone call from Lilly.
"Grayson. It's Sofia" she said and I quickly stood up.
"Lilly what about Sofia and why are you crying? Tell me." I said panicking.
"She's in the hospital with severe wounds. Grayson you need to be here fast. 3947 Sunset Boulevard. Quick" she ended the call and I zoomed out the door.

"Gray! What happened." Ethan asked following me out the door.
"E, it's Sofia. She's in the hospital." I said
Ethan nodded and we got in his Jeep and drove to the hospital in silence. When we got their, I wen to the front desk.
"Sofia Jordan. Which room?" I said to the nurse.
"What is your relationship to her?"
"Um, significant other." I said she took us to the room.
"You guys have to wait here. The operation is happening right now." the nurse said.
I found Lilly and hugged her. She started crying really badly and I comforted her. After a while we sat down staring at the door.

Ethan sat beside Lilly comforting her. It was weird how this is the first time they meet, in such bad circumstances.

I sat there for hours staring at the door waiting for the doctors to come out. I was feeling so many emotions and also memories of the last time I had been in this position.

After a while an old man in a janitor uniform which was stained with blood, came and sat beside me.
"So are you her boyfriend." the man asked.
"Yeah." I said.
After a few minutes, I said "Are you okay sir? You have blood on your clothes."
He looked at me and said "Yes, boy, I'm fine. I was going to clean the gym of my building tonight. I turned on the lights and found this beautiful young woman lying on the ground with a knife in her side. I was terrified but thankfully I was able to get an ambulance and bring her here." he said.
"Thank you sir. So, so much. People like you are angels on earth. Thank you for saving her. I'm so grateful." I said.

"Lets just pray that God saves her. She didn't look like she could live when I saw the wound but God can do anything." he said.

I looked at him and I couldn't contain myself and started crying.
"I just don't know why the worst things happen to the good people." I said in between of my tears. The man gripped my hand and lifted my chin up.
"Listen to me boy. She will not leave you. True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure. Our life is a reflection of what we believe we deserve. As we deepen our acceptance of and open ourselves to the Infinite love of the universe, a new power flows through us, releasing us from the bondage of our old way of life and that power will keep her heart beating just for you."

The man was amazing, he really was. He comforted me for a little while and then left.

Ethan, Lilly and I just sat there for another hour in silence until a doctor finally came out.
"Hello. Good news she is recovering and will live. It's truly a miracle . You guys can see her in the morning" he smiled and walked away. After him 2 more doctors and a nurse also walked out. I was relieved as if a weight had been lifted from my chest. I don't know what I would have done if Sofia had left the world, I can't handle the same pain twice.

In the morning, a nurse left her room and said that I could visit Sofia. I got up and went alone because E and Lilly were sleeping on each other's shoulders. I was scared for some reason that I didn't know. I took a deep breath an opened the door.

There she was lying there, so peacefully. I went up to her and touched her hand. It was cold. I brought a chair close and sat down holding both her hands. I kissed them and finally I burst out crying, holding her hands. I hadn't cried this bad in awhile but the pain, the pain was demanding to be felt. If only I had been there for her and never messed up, if only she hadn't left me, I could have prevented all this for happening and I swore at that moment who ever it was that had stabbed her, I was going to kill them.
I looked at her gentle face and felt calm again.
"Grayson?" She uttered.
I sprang up and looked at her; "yeah Sof, I'm right here. Your so strong and I'm so proud of you.Keep on fighting"

I saw a tear role down her cheek and wiped it off. She slowly opened her eyes and I finally got to see her honey eyes after so long and she smiled, squeezing my hand. I smiled back at her and said "I lo-"
then all of a sudden her heart beat went dead and silent on the monitor and everything went completely silent. All I could here was my heart throbbing in me, bursting into flames and dying away.

A/n
Cliffhanger!
Please vote 😊