Chapter 17

*3 weeks later
It has been 3 weeks since it happened and I'm finally feeling back to normal. I haven't emotionally healed, and I dint think I ever will but my wound has almost healed but it's still hard to breathe sometimes because there was a bruise in my lung too.

Madison has been taking care of me ever since she got back from her trip. Grayson has been sleeping with me every night. I told my dad about what happened and made him promise he won't tell mom. I can't see her in more pain right now.

Today is October 20th and I'm finally ready to get back to working. I slowly got up and took a shower myself after 3 weeks.
I changed into a comfy trench coat with black leggings and my white adidas.

I grabbed my bag and went to the living room.
Madison was making breakfast. I sat down and checked my phone. Today I had a meeting with Chanel for an upcoming project I had with them. I was so excited because today we were brainstorming with the Chanel designers and Natalie.

I ate breakfast, took my pills for my wound and decided to call my dad.
"Hey dad. How you doing?" I said.
"Oh I'm great. How are you doing, mariposa?"
"Oh, I'm fine dad. How's mom?" I asked concerned.
"She's good." My dad said.
"Oh god dad! Your such a bad liar. I can tell your lying just tell me the truth." I said pleading.
"Well she was pretty sick last night but today she's feeling better. I'm taking her to chemo later today. It's not really getting any better." I could tell he was scared.
"Shit." I said. It was quiet for a while.
"Well you dot worry, mija and good luck with your meeting with Chanel. I'm so proud of you, Sofia. You know that?" he asked.
"Yes, I do know that. Thank you and take care of mama. Bye." I hung up and finished eating my pancakes.

I went to the head office for Chanel in Beverly Hills. I was really nervous. This was the biggest campaign I've ever done. I met up with Natalie there and we went to the meeting room. The meeting was great and I was going to be shooting for them soon and starring in their upcoming winter collection.

The meeting has gone for the whole day and my wound hadn't hurt at all yet. I got home and put in some infection cream on the wound. It was still pretty raw and the skin had just grown over it. I decided to watch the new season of "the end of the fucking world".

At 5 o'clock I got a text from Natalie.
Natalie: hey. I've decided to set another date up for you and Grayson at Providence in Beverly Hills. Avery is coming over to get you ready. I'm so proud that you've healed so fast. Good luck, Sofia!

I got up and brushed my teeth. Avery came over soon and did my makeup. She put my hair up in a bun. I was wearing a cute, pink one piece tonight with some heels.

I was a bit insecure as you could see my newly healed side scars but the world already knew what had happened to me

Avery packed up all her stuff while I rested for a while. Grayson came after a while. He looked super handsome. He was wearing a blue jacket over a white hood with black pants, converse and a Gucci fanny pack.

 He was wearing a blue jacket over a white hood with black pants, converse and a Gucci fanny pack

I walked up to him. "Damn, my manz is sexy." I said smirking and wrapping my arms around his neck.
"And my girl is a goddess straight out of heaven. A sexy goddess." He said grabbing both my butt cheeks." We were about to kiss when Grayson got a phone call from Ethan at the worst moment.

He mouthed a sorry at me and answered the phone.
After the phone call ended we drove to the restaurant. I couldn't help but remember the first date we had and how awkward it was. What if I had never met Grayson? What if Natalie has picked another girl instead of me?

I shook the thoughts out of my mind and got ready to get out of the car. I was nervous because this was my first purposeful public encounter after the incident. I didn't know what type of questions they were going to ask me. I breathed in and out.
Grayson held my hand and got out of the car. Paparazzi stormed us with questions.
"Sofia, who stabbed you?"
"Sofia, what exactly happened?"
"How long were you unconscious for?"
"Are the rumours true. Did you actually die?"

"We're not in the mood to discuss this right now. Have a good night." Grayson said and we went in the restaurant. At times like this I loved and appreciated Grayson even more. He knew what I was feeling all the time and I trusted him so much. I don't think I can live without him now.

Dinner was really good. After dinner my breathing was getting pretty bad so we decided to go back to Grayson's house.

I changed into a comfy sweater and lay down in bed with Grayson. We just lay there for a while hugging each other.
"You know when I was dying alone in the gym, all I could think about was you." I said.
"Oh really."
"I guess... when you're dying you realize that you wasted your life. I realized that I should have loved the people I love more, that I want to be with you, Grayson."
"So, let's end the contract."
"Grayson, no we can't do that. We're going to have to lay a lot of money to do that. We can just go about our daily activities for the next 4 months and then when the contract is done we'll still be together."
"I don't know, Sof. It doesn't feel completely right though."
"You know what. We'll donate all my pay checks from Natalie to a different charity every month."
"You really are an angel." Grayson gave me a kiss on the forehead and after a while he said,
"You know, when you were in the ER, I was terrified, that you might die and abandon me."
Grayson looked into my eyes and we kissed for a while. Oh god, how I had missed those soft lips against mine. I couldn't breathe so I let go.
"I'm sorry, Gray. I can't breathe." I admit.
"It's okay babe." he said and we both lay down properly to go to sleep.

Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall. I haven't healed yet but I'm still trying to forget about Dylan. I felt so bad that I couldn't kiss Grayson, that all I could think about was Dylan now. I had worked hard to get him out of my head and when I saw him again that night, I had felt like I missed him for some reason. I should despise him now but I'm on a mission to know why he actually did that to me.

I turned to Grayson's face. He was fast asleep. I slowly got out of bed and went outside. I looked through my logs and found the number that Dylan had last called me from. He was in Compton right now. I was surprised that he hadn't gone far. The police would have been looking for him but I guess without any evidence they couldn't know and gave up on the hunt for him. I was a bit scared but had to get my answers so I hopped onto Grayson's motorcycle and drove off.

A/N:
Hope you liked the chapter! Big event coming soon!
Please vote for this story, really appreciate it😊💋