Chapter 16

Sofia's p.o.v
I woke up in a jolt and sat up.
"GRAYSON!" I cried panting.
"Shhh. It's okay. I'm right here." he said rubbing my cheek. I looked around I was surrounded by so many doctors. One was standing really close to me holding two aluminum pads with wires on them in his hands.
"Thank god. We had to shock your heart back into rythmic beating after it stopped beating." One of the doctors said.
I was so confused and just sat there trying to process what was happening. The doctors left the room and I was left alone with Grayson.

I turned my head to him.
"Grayson, wha-what happened to me." I said.
"I'm not completely sure but someone had stabbed you in your side and you almost died but the janitor called the ambulance and they brought you here." Grayson said trying to be strong but I could tell he was about to cry.
"This doesn't make sense. I thought I died." I said remembering my last moments lying on the floor. I couldn't quite remember what had happened before that though.
"You weren't breathing properly and the doctors said you had a 10% chance of living but you fought through it." Grayson started crying and I couldn't look at him like that. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"And what happened after that?" I asked.
"You were coming back to consciousness when your heart suddenly failed. The doctors had to defibrillate your heart to shock it back into beating. You were dead for a full 2 minutes."
He cried even more and was just gripping my hand really hard.
"Grayson. Stop, I can't see you cry." I said and squeezed Grayson's hand.

"I swear on my life, I will kill who ever did this to my precious girl." Grayson said, clenching his jaw.

A wave of emotions came to me when I suddenly remembered what had happened. Dylan. I had looked into his green eyes while he stabbed me. Why though? Why did he want to kill me? I had been with him for 3 years. I thought I knew him but I guess people change.

"Who was it, who stabbed you?" Grayson said with a darkness in his eyes. The Grayson I new was gone, replaced with an evil I was terrified of.

"I don't remember." I said. I couldn't tell him because I knew he would actually kill him if he knew. I wanted to know why Dylan had wanted to kill me. I wanted to ask him for forgiveness. I couldn't live knowing that someone had died because of me, even Dylan.

"It's okay. You'll remember." Grayson said stroking my hair. I tried moving but felt a sharp pain on my side. I lifted the blanket and saw bandages covering my side near my ribs where Dylan had stabbed me. There was an iv in my arm and two tubes filled with oxygen, I assumed, attached to my nose.

"You know you saved me. I would have killed myself if you died. I'm so proud of you." Grayson said crying again.

I reached up and wiped his tears away. I looked into his eyes. It wasn't worth not looking at those heavenly eyes every moment of my life that I had because now I knew. Life can end with a snap of a finger and when your dying, you regret, you regret not being with the people you loved. I don't care what Valentina does. I want to be with Grayson.

"I'm sorry, Grayson. I'm not leaving you again."  I said and finally started crying.
Grayson wiped my tears away. "And I'm not living a moment of my life without you again, baby girl." he whispered to me, kissing my cheek. I wish I could kiss him right now but I couldn't move. I loved him. I really did.

"I'll go get everyone else. Ethan and Lilly have been here for hours worried sick."

Lilly came into the room and burst out crying,
"Sofia! Oh god thank you." She said with tears. She came over and hugged me for a few minutes, crying. I don't know why I cluck this cry. It was like I didn't know what emotion to feel. I felt like a foreigner on this planet, like an alien, like I don't belong here. I'm supposed to be somewhere else.

Ethan came too and they both cried for a while, holding each other before they sat down and asked me if I was feeling okay.
I looked at the clock. It was noon.
"I'm feeling hungry." I said and my stomach rumbled. The twins laughed.
"Well get you some food." Ethan said and both of them left.
I was left alone with Lilly. She just sat there staring at the water go down the drip.
"I know who it was." I said to her looking at the cieling.
She shifted her attention to me, "Who was it?"

"Dylan" I looked at her. Her eyes went wide
"Dylan-Dylan Leonard. From Toronto, your ex-boyfriend?"
"Yeah. He wanted to get revenge because I called the cops on him when he raped me."
"Shit"
"Lils, please don't tell anyone. I want to find out myself. I was with him for 3 years. I thought he was my first love. I thought I knew him. How could he?" I started crying.
"Baby, it's okay. We'll find out. I promise." she said and wiped my tears away.

After a few minutes, Ethan and Grayson brought some Taco Bell and a nurse changed my bandages. I saw my wound and it was pretty bad and it would take about 3 weeks to get better.

I ate and then slept for a few hours. To be honest, it sucked being in the hospital, dependant in others for everything.

I was really paranoid knowing that Dylan was still out there. Natalie came to visit in the evening with her husband and she cried a bit as well. She said to not worry about the contract and just focus on getting better.

A couple hours later, I told Lilly, Grayson and Ethan to go home as they were up for more than 24 hours now. They left knowing I would be fine as a nurse was staying in my room 24/7.

After everyone was gone and I was left alone. I cried a lot. Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I do anything about it? My heart hadn't broken when Dylan had raped me, it only cracked but now it shattered into a million pieces. Being betrayed by someone you loved for so long and them turning out completely  differently then what I had expected really sucked.

I was left alone in the room and I started crying. Why? Why has god brought me back to life? I thought I was dead now, i should be. Even though it sounded ridiculous, deep down I wish that I had died.

I picked up my phone to call my mom but decided not to because I know she would try to come to Los Angeles and she wasn't healthy enough to travel right now. I sighed and put on some music. I listened to "Get you the moon" by Kina.

This song was the perfect song for my feelings towards Grayson

This song was the perfect song for my feelings towards Grayson. He really was the reason why I'm still hanging on and if I could, I'd get him the moon.

A/N
Emotional chapter😢
Please listen to the song.^