Chapter 60

*1 week later
I opened my eyes and lay there still.
Today was Mom's funeral. Dad had been setting it all up to make it perfect for her. It was a beautiful day today. The sun was out and flowers were in bloom. There was a gentle breeze and a weird sense in the air like the one you feel when leaving the theatre after watching a long movie or the feeling when everyone goes quiet all of a sudden at a party because something bad happened.

Everyday I fall asleep crying and wake up with an extremely swollen face. I flipped over and saw Grayson fast asleep.
Grayson and Corey have been here for me but the tension between them has me stressed as well. One day I heard them arguing in his room
"Why did you suddenly decided to abandon my mom?" Grayson asked.
"Because I was done with this bullshit of not getting the credit I deserve and respect."
"But we payed you a good amount every month."
"Oh yeah, and what was I supposed to do with that money then? I saved it all up to be able to chase my dreams of becoming a professional football player." Corey said
"I want you to chase your dreams but that still doesn't make up for you abandoning mom."
"Oh yeah? Just like how you and Ethan abandoned me sophomore year of highschool to chase YOUR dreams. You could have told me at least... I was so hurt."
"I'm sorry man that wasn't right for E and I to do and to be honest, you completely deserve to chase your dreams as well." Grayson said.

There's been a lot of tension between them and I don't know how much worse it's gonna get when I tell Gray his ex-best friend got me pregnant.

All of my friends and family members are here for Dad and I too. Dad has been just quiet and doing random stuff around the house but whenever I see him, I see the deep, permanent hurt set in his eyes. I can't look at him for too long before breaking down again. I here him crying in his room at night but I don't bother him, scared that I may just make it worse rather than comforting him.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I smell really bad, I should take a shower. I got in the shower and took a freezing cold shower trying to numb myself more. My mind was just a daze now and I operated like an animal. Eat, sleep and repeat.
I saw the necklace mom had given me before she died and put it on.

I wen to my closet and put on a black leather body suit, some black jeans on top of that and a coat.

I just tied my hair back in a low bun and stared at myself in the mirror

I just tied my hair back in a low bun and stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes were so swollen and red from crying. Sofia, you have to get yourself together again.
I put on some make-up and wen downstairs.
Dad was in the kitchen with Corey. They were both wearing black suits. I hugged dad for a while and then hugged Corey.
Grayson came downstairs ready as well and Corey motioned for me to move away from him.
I sat down at the table and we all ate breakfast in silence.
"Dad, I bought a penthouse. Just wanted to let you know." I said. Grayson looked at me confused as well but I ignored him.
"I'm Downtown, beside the CN Tower. I'm not living in LA anymore." I said while looking at my plate.
Corey grabbed my hand under the table and I squeezed his hand back.
Grayson saw it and angrily got up and went outside to the car.