Sheet Music

(WARNING!!! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SONG UNTIL I SAY!!! I PROMISE IT WILL BE BETTER IF YOU WAIT UNTIL I SAY TO LISTEN TO IT!!! YOU WILL KNOW WHEN TO LISTEN TO IT, CAUSE IT WILL BE IN ALL CAPS, BOLDED, AND ITALICS, SO PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE SONG UNTIL I SAY!!!)

(Also you'll see why I picked this song WHEN I TELL YOU TO LISTEN TO IT!!! It has some lyrics that literally relate to Newt and his character, and TBS plays the guitar... I just think it will be really cute, so enjoy the story... WITHOUT LISTENING TO THE SONG UNTIL I SAY!!!)

You were humming along to the song you were strumming on the guitar. You had found it in a closet in the homestead with a little notebook that had instructions and directions on how to play it. Your fingers picked at the strings as you quietly mumbled along with the words of the song. Coal Makes Diamonds by Blue October. (Totally go check out the song! It's freaking awesome! I'll tell you about my love for Blue October later!)

You had been teaching yourself how to play it when no one else was in the homestead, so mostly at meal times. You would bring your food up to your room, and eat as you played. So far you thought you were doing really good with it. Some of the songs had been easy to learn, and you had already memorized the chords within the four weeks you had had it.

You played the last note of the song, and smiled to yourself. You had been working on that song for almost two weeks, trying to perfect it, and you were pretty sure you had.

In the notebook were pages and pages of songs to play, but you really liked this one. It was probably your second favorite. It just made you feel happy, like when you played it, you didn't have a care in the world. You kept mumbling the words, playing the song over again, when someone walked into your room. Your head shot up, to meet Newts gaze.

"Oh my god, Newt," you exclaim, trying to hide the guitar behind you, but failing miserably. "Uh hi! You know I wasn't expecting you to be here! I thought you were in the kitchens with Alby and Minho," you say in a loud nervous tone, some nervous laughs making it into your words. You had a major crush on him, but you knew you would never be anything more than just a friend to him.

"I was, but I had to come grab something from my room," he says casually while leaning against the door frame, crossing his ankles, and sticking his hands in his pockets. "Then I heard you playing," he says, a soft smile making its way onto his lips, making you look down and blush.

"Umm, exactly how much of that did you hear," you ask nervously.

"Enough to know your better than I was," he chuckled, and your eyes went wide.

"Wait you know how to play," you ask in a bewildered tone.

"Ya. That was mine when I first came up in the box," he says with a smile, while your brain was freaking out.

"Oh my god! I had no idea! I swear!" You say, frantically trying to stack up all the papers, and set them in a neat pile on the corner of your bed. "I just found it in the closet downstairs, and I thought it would be neat to try and learn! I'm so sorry," you tell him as you start dropping papers on the ground from freaking out, worried he might get upset.

"Love calm down," Newt chuckles. You stop what your doing, and look up at him with yet another shocked expression. "It's fine. I haven't played that bloody thing in almost a year. I stopped playing when Alby made me Second-in-Command. Never had anytime for it after that, so I put it downstairs," he says, shrugging his shoulders.

"So your not mad," you ask nervously standing up from your crouched position on the ground with the papers in your hands.

He chuckles again. "No I'm not. If anything I'm more glad to see it getting some use. Wish I had more time, and I'd learn how to play more of those songs," he says, nodding his head to the stack of papers.