Taken

(I did a pretty bad job of sticking to the description the pic gives, so please don't hate me because it's different

(I did a pretty bad job of sticking to the description the pic gives, so please don't hate me because it's different.)

Jansons POV

"We need to do something! Were not getting the results we need from him," I shout at the lab technicians who are watching the monitors. We had been watching the test subject A-5 and A-9 very closely. Ever since A-9 was sent up into the maze she seems to be decreasing the results of A-5, and now that they were in the Scorch trials, it's only getting worse. I stared at the glass screen with gritted teeth and squinted eyes as the numbers for various things rose and dropped in no certain pattern.

"Sir there is nothing we can do without affecting the other subjects," one of the doctors explains to me. I turn my head to glare at her.

"Well find a way! We need to figure out a damn cure, and if we don't do something about that girl, then it's not going to happen! It will be a whole three years wasted, and I guarantee you you do not want to be the one to explain that to Dr. Paige," I snap at her, getting in her face. She looks down, a scared look on her face as she nods timidly.

I turn back to the screens when another lab technician speaks up. "What if we remove her from the group," he asks curiously, causing me to turn my head towards him.

I look at him with a curious glint in my eyes. "Would you care to expand on that," I ask, smirking as a plan started forming in my head.

(Y/n) POV

"Guys let's sleep here for tonight," you hear Thomas speak up to everyone. Frypan and Aris groaned, and fell down, laying out like starfish. You sighed as you sat down, and laid your head on your backpack, breathing heavy. Newt laid down next to you, and you curled into his side, exhausted.

He was higher up than you, so he wrapped an arm around you, and leaned his cheek down to rest on the top of your head. He was panting as hard as you were, and was probably even more tired than you because of his limp.

You and your friends had been out in the Scorch for about three days now, and you were still trying to make it the hundred miles to the 'Safe Haven' where the cure for the flare was.

You lay there next to Newt for a few minutes until you catch your breath. Your legs ache as you stand back up, walking around within a ten foot radius of the circle of boys, grabbing sticks and leaves as you go. You walk back over to them, and drop your pile on the ground in the middle of everyone, pulling on a few leaves that stuck to your jacket. You went back over to your bag next to Newt and unzipped it, grabbing the small box of matches that were inside.

You light one, and set it down on the pile of twigs, it igniting almost immediately. You lay back down, using your bag as a pillow again as the Gladers mumble 'thank you's.