Not Leaving You

(Just a heads up, I'm taking parts from the books, and parts from the movies for this OneShot

(Just a heads up, I'm taking parts from the books, and parts from the movies for this OneShot. Hope you enjoy it!😁)
(Also I know that the pic explains it to be more of a friends with all the Gladers instead of specifically one of them, but I'm gonna try to make it a Newt x reader while sticking to the description as best as I can.)

You wake up to Newt violently shaking you, shouting inaudible things. Your brain felt fuzzy, and you struggled to keep your eyes open.

"(Y/n), come on we have to go," Newt speaks up frantically. You still can't focus, and your gaze is moving around the room lazily. You feel a sharp pinch, something being pulled out of your arm, and you immediately start feeling better.

"Newt," you ask in a breathy voice.

"Yes it's me, love. We need to go right now," he tells you, helping you sit up on the cot. You stumble to your feet with him catching you around the waist, and all of you running over to a window. Thomas tried to break through it, so Newt leaves you leaning against a wall, and goes over to help Thomas. They break through the glass, and Thomas and Newt jump over the edge, catching Theresa as she climbs over. Just as all the boys hop over the window ledge, WICKED guards bust through the door.

In an instant, you realize you won't have time to make it with the other Gladers. "Go without me! I'll meet you guys at the doors," before running out a different back door. Just as you expected, the guards chase you. Oh god please let your running skills help you.

Newts POV

My heart dropped as I watched two WICKED guards chase (Y/n) out of the room. "Damnit," I shout just as Minho grabs my arm, pulling me away from the shattered window.

"Newt, we need to go now," he shouts at me. I finally start thinking straight, and I follow everyone else, hoping that (Y/n) will be at the doors. We run for who knows how long, Thomas and Minho taking out guards as we go, until we get to the large double doors leading into the warehouse.

Thomas swipes the keycard he stole through the little card slot frantically. Every time it flashes red with an Access Denied label.  Jansons voice comes from behind us, and we look to see him and five guards walking towards us.

Thomas drops the card, and walks towards the group of WICKED soldiers, holding his gun up. "Open the door Janson," I hear him shout. Minho keeps trying to open the door with the keycard.

"Trust me Thomas you don't want me to do that," he replies, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Oh ya and why is that," Thomas snaps at him.

Janson doesn't respond in words. He just reaches behind him, and jerks a terrified (Y/n) out in front of him. She looks at Thomas, fear evident in her eyes as Janson whispers something in her ear.

"I'm sorry," she says, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I'm sorry," she repeats with a sob.

"Shut up," Janson growls in her ear, wrapping and arm around her neck. Her arms hook up around his, trying to keep a gap between him and her airway.