Breakups to Boyfriends (Part 3)

Newts POV
(Next morning)

My eyes slowly flutter open, and I see (Y/n)s sleeping figure in front of me. A smile makes its way onto my lips as I see her peaceful face. She just looked so calm, like she didn't have a care in the world. I reach my hand out, tucking a small strand of hair behind her ear and cupping her cheek. Her lips curl up slightly as she subconsciously curls into a tighter ball.

I'm broke out of my thoughts by a soft buzzing sound. I look over to her desk to see her phone vibrating against the wood. Looking back at her peacefully sleeping figure, I decide to stay in bed with her, ignoring the buzzing phone.

About three minutes go by, and I hear the noise again. Maybe it's her parents or something? Deciding to go and answer it, I slowly move out of the bed, being careful not to wake (Y/n). I take her phone off the desk and walk out into the hall, quietly closing the door behind me. Looking down at the contact I see Jackson❤️, and my blood immediately boils. I hang up the call, hoping he won't call again, but apparently he has no sense of self preservation. A third phone call comes through her phone, with the same contact. Growling something unintelligible under my breath, I swipe up and bring the phone to my ear.

"You stupid piece of ! If you ever ignore me-"

"This isn't her, and I swear if you say something like that about her ever again, I'm gonna break your bloody neck in half," I snap at him, walking down the stairs to be further away from her room.

"Oh I see. The second I'm gone she's already got someone else in her bed. Not surprised," he scoffs.

"Jackson you better shut your bloody mouth. Now what the hell do you want," I growl.

"I want you to get her on the phone and-"

I hung up the phone, clenching my fist around it almost hoping it would crack under the pressure. Why was he still trying to talk to her? I didn't know much about (Y/n)s ex, but I knew enough to know that he was the kind of guy who slept with at least two other girls each week. It made me feel sorry for (Y/n) that she stayed with him this long.

The phone goes off once again, and I'm about to hang up, when I see the contact. Blondie. My face twists in confusion as I answer it, surprised to see (Y/n) come down the stairs almost immediately after, my phone in her hand.

"Newt," she asks, hanging up the call she made on my phone and walking down the rest of the steps.

"Oh hi. I thought you were asleep," I say, trying to subtly hide her phone behind my back, but she didn't fall for it.

"What are you doing with my phone," she asks nervously, walking closer to me and reaching behind my back to grab it.

"I'm sorry, but someone called, and I didn't want to wake you up so I answered it," I tell her, letting her take her phone from my hand. She immediately unlocks it, her face full of terror and starts tapping away with her thumbs. Eventually she calms down, and her expression goes back to a somewhat normal one, but I can still see fear lingering in her eyes.

"It's fine. Just had to check something, and when you were gone I freaked out a little," she says with a soft smile, grabbing her bruised wrist gently. "So uh I can go ahead and make-" she's cut off by having to sneeze into her elbow, shivering right after.

"Nnnnope," I tell her, popping the p. "You are going back up to bed to try and get some more sleep, and I'll be up with breakfast in a little bit."

"No Newt. I'm fine. You took care of me last night," she insists, walking towards the doorway to the kitchen. Within a second I scoop her up in my arms, walking back towards the stairway. "Newwwwt," she whines, wrapping her arms around my neck tightly.