Thomas

Ok I can't find a gif that Wattpad will allow me to actually put on the story, but imagine in the Death Cure when Thomas is showing Vince, Newt, Frypan, Brenda, and Jorge the map, and he's trying to convince him to go and try to rescue Minho for the second time.

"There. That's where they'll be keeping him. We bring everyone who can fight. Go there, and be back within a week," Thomas starts explaining to Vince, trying to convince him to go try and rescue Minho again.

After Thomas had found out that they had taken the wrong train car, he called a meeting, and you assumed it would be something along the lines of 'we can still rescue him.'

You were very conflicted on the idea. Of course you wanted to save Minho. He was practically a brother to you. But eventually the bad would out weight the good. Ya maybe you could rescue Minho, but at what cost. Brenda's life? Newts life? Thomas's life? You wanted to save him, but you weren't willing to trade one of your friends life's for his.

"Your kidding right? It took us six months just to get here. And that was with substantial planning, and the element of surprise, none of which we have now. Now you want to run off to some random point on the map? You don't even know what's over there," Vince practically scoffs at the idea. "We have over 100 kids here now, and we can't stay hidden forever."

"Thomas he's right," you say, your arms crossed over your chest. "It won't work. WICKED knows we're coming after them, and they know it's Minho we want. They won't be taking the last attack lightly. If anything their guard will be higher than ever."

"Ok but how much harder will that make it to get past them? They already know we're a threat, so how worse would their precautions be able to get," Brenda counters.

"(Y/n) this is Minho were talking about. We can't just abandon him, and run off to the safe haven," Thomas adds in a frustrated tone.

"Thomas I get that," you say, pointing a hand back at yourself. "But that doesn't mean we can just run right into a WICKED facility, and demand he be returned to us. And, like Vince said, it took us six months to figure out where that train would be. They probably won't be moving him anytime soon, so we couldn't just copy what we already did." Thomas looks at you suspiciously.

"Your scared aren't you," he questions.

"Ya. I am scared. Is it really that hard to believe," you retort.

"After everything we've already been through, your scared about this?" He scoffs.

"Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think any 16 yearold girl dreams of running off to a high-tech facility with highly trained guards to rescue her best friend." Did he really not get it? Surely you weren't in the wrong for wanting all of this to be over.

"Well open your eyes (Y/n), cause that's the world we're living in right now. No matter how hard you try, you won't be able to remember a time before this, so you should just get used to it," he snaps, clenching his fists.

"Thomas she's right. None of us wanted any of this." You look over to the speaker, Frypan, and he gives you a sympathetic look before turning back to Thomas. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm scared too."

Thomas waves Frypan off, turning back to you. "I wanna know if she's scared, or does she just want to get to the safe haven as soon as possible to save her own ass," Thomas questions retorically.

"Yes I am," you state. "I'm scared that something might happen to him," you point a finger at Newt who's sitting in a chair across the table from you. "Or him," you point to Frypan. "Or her," you point towards Brenda across the room. "Or you," you gesture to Thomas. "Or Minho. Have you thought about what WICKED might do to him if your "plan" fails? How do you think he'll be punished for you screwing up?" This seems to make him hesitate, but he doesn't back down.

"So you just don't want to try to save him at all? Just give up, and go live the rest of your life in utter happiness knowing you left your best friend behind to die," he snaps at you. Your fists were clenched, and you were sucking in deep breaths, trying to not launch yourself at Thomas. Vince moves to stand beside you two as if expecting it.

"Do you really think that's the kind of person I am? Thomas, you don't even know me. You know nothing about my life in the glade, or what it was like before you came up in the box, so if you think I want to just leave Minho behind, well let this be the first thing you learn about me, cause I don't. I'm also not willing to trade lives," you growl. Thomas seems to lose his words, so you keep talking, squaring up almost chest to chest with him.

"I'm gonna warn you Greenie. You're the leader of this mission, so if anything happens to any of them," you gesture around the room, "I hope it weighs on your conscience, cause it won't be anyone's fault, but your own."

You spin away from him, and storm out of the room, slamming the door shut behind you. If he was going to risk the lives of his friends, and make it seem like no big deal, then it's his own fault, but you weren't gonna be around to see it happen.

Hey guys! Please comment what you think, and send requests!