Newt

(Y/n)s POV

(Y/n)s POV

"Set him down over there," Thomas gasps as you and him carry a mostly limp Newt. You had just rescued Minho from WICKED, and now you were trying to make it back to the berg to get Newt the cure.

"We're not going fast enough," he pants, leaning over to put his hands on his knees.

"Thomas I'm going to have to run ahead," he looks up at you like your crazy.

"No you can't just run off. Lawrence is blowing up the whole city. There's no way you would make it."

"Thomas we don't have a choice," you exclaim, tears in your eyes. "Look at him! He's not going to last much longer," you gesture to Newt laying back against a wall, feeling your emotions from the past few hours bubbling over in your stomach. All you wanted to do was fall to the ground in a ball, but you couldn't, knowing that you could have saved your boyfriend.

"I have to go ahead of you guys. I promise I'll be fine," you assure Thomas before crouching down in front of Newt.

"You're gonna be fine, ok? Just hang in there for me."

He looks up at you as if he were confused or drunk, but he snaps out of it for a few seconds, and you see the boy that you fell in love with back in the glade.

You lean down and kiss his forehead, repeating, "You're going to be fine," against his feverish skin.

You climb to your feet, looking back at Newt laying on the ground. He reaches a lazy arm out towards you as if he were trying to grab your hand, but you spin around, and run off towards the berg to get the serum.

Thomas's POV

I watch as my younger twin sister runs around a corner, and out of sight, already regretting my decision to let her run off on her own in this madness, but she was right. Newt was running out of time, and she wouldn't have been able to carry him on her own if I had gone ahead.

The thought snaps me back into reality, and I look back at a squirming Newt. He looks as if he was trying to force his muscles to cooperate so he could run after (Y/n). His head is twisted back in what looks like an uncomfortable way, and he's staring at the corner (Y/n) just ran around.

"Come on Newt. We need to get you up," I say, walking towards him.

"Tommy you need to take this," he practically growls, clawing at something around his neck. He rips a leather cord with a tube off his neck, and holds it out to me, and suddenly I start having flashbacks of when Chuck...

"No Newt. We need to-"

"Take it! Take it," he screams, holding the necklace out to me. "Give it to (Y/n). Please. Please, Tommy, please." (😭😭😭)

His eyes are tearing up, and his whole body is shaking, the Flare continuing to take control of his body. I take the necklace from his hand, nodding my head, and he seems to physically sigh in relief.

"Now come on. We have to get you to the berg, and get you the serum."

Hey guys! This is my second gif imagines, so what do you think? Please send requests if you have them, and constructive criticism is always appreciated!
Anna