Chapter 37

Liam

When I was in coma, it felt like I was trapped in a dark place and something is holding me from going out. But as gradually I listened to my mates cries and pleas for my come back, I tried to go towards the light coming in that place. And when I opened my eyes, immediately my hands were placed on my stomach and doctor was the first person who I saw. He told me everything and I was eager to see my family and my baby, my son.

The most heartbreaking moment for any mother is when his child doesn't even want to be close to them. And I wish that thing never hapens to anyone. The moment my baby refused my closeness, my heart broke into million pieces. The baby, for whom I was waiting for so long, now he was not in my arms.

Everyone gave me a welcome party and it was good to be back. Each person present in that room greeted me and wished for speedy recovery. I was thankful to have such people in my life.

"What are you thinking?" Dom hugged me from back as I was standing in the balcony.
"Just all things that happened when I was not here".
"You were always here and will be. Never say like this".
"I don't know Dom, I feel out of place".
"Give some time, everything will be ok" And I nodded. We both just stood like that embracing each other, when I saw little with leah.
"Hey hey, what happened?" I didn't even knew I was crying.
"Li?" And I looked at him.
"Dom, it's been three days since I have woken up. I want my son D. I want him, pls bring him to me pls. I beg you Dom. I can't live without him" And lastly I was a crying mess. Every night I cried myself to sleep, just think about my baby. Theo and Dom explained me everything but I can't help it, after all I am his mother.
"Shhh, calm down. He is your son Liam. He will be in you arms in no time. Believe me" And I slept while just thinking about him.

Today, mom took me with her to kitchen and we baked my favourite pancakes. We both spend mother-son moment. I knew she must have broken when I was in coma but now her light was back and she again became lively.
"I love you mom".
"I love you too son... Liam never leave your mother. I can't ever see you in danger".
"Don't worry mom, I'll never leave you. I will always be by your side" And kissed her forehead. We both talked and laughed on my childhood memories until I looked at Dom and Theo playing with Little and Leah was along with them.
"Son can never be away from his mother" Mom said.
"I- I know mom. But... I can't even touch him, he just doesn't like my presence" Tears fell from my eyes.
"Little is weak Liam. His wolf is not able to differentiate between his mothers and another person's scent".
"H-how much time? Everyone is saying me same thing. But I-I can't. After all, I am a mother" Mom hugged and console me.

"Li...Li...Liam, babe listen" Theo walked behind Liam.
"Atleast stop babe. Pls we are with you, Liam" Theo knocked on the door which Liam slammed on his face.
"He didn't open?" Dom asked.
"No, pls ask him to let us in".
"Baby, we all know you are hurt. Pls give us a chance everything will be ok. Pls Li, we beg you open this door. Theo and I love you, for our sake open it" Dom tried to convince him. While Liam was crying as he slide down against the door and put his head on his knees.
Flashback
Every family member was sitting at the table and having dinner but this time Leah was also with them and little was in his rocker beside her.
"Is little sleeping?" Liam's mom asked.
"Yes, he slept a hour ago".
"Did he had his milk?"
"Yes".
"Good and what about his health. Did you take him to doctor for his routine checkup?" Dom asked.
"I visited him yesterday. He said little is still very weak and we have to look after him carefully" Dom nodded.
"Little will be fit Dom. We all are here" His mom said while Liam was listening to the whole conversation.
"Yes alpha, I'll take good care of him as my son" Leah said and everyone looked at her except for Liam for whom this statement was like a knife stabbed in his heart.
For few minutes, everyone was still until little started waking up and made little sound. As an instinct Liam rushed to him but as soon  he touched him he started wailing.
"Shh shhh, mi is here. I am here my cookie" Leah took little from rocker and cooed him, he immediately stopped crying.
"What is mi?" Jack asked.
"Mummy".
"What?" Dom screamed.
"Uhh, yes. Little recognized me as his mother. So for him mi means mummy".
"What the fuck are you saying Leah?" Theo walked towards her.
"I see little as my son. He is attached to me and I am to him".
"Are you crazy? Do you even know what you are saying?".
"Ya, I do".
"Leah, Liam is Little's mother, not you. Get it".
"But he doesn't know him. He likes being with me".
"This was bound to happen" Jack commented.
"Shut the fuck up Jack" Dom shouted.
"And you listen for the first and last time, you are not his mother".
"But... "
"Theo take little from her" And he took him but as usual little started crying loudly.
"Pls give him to me. He is crying" Leah pleaded.
"No, he will be with us. We will look after him" But little was continuously crying.
"Give her" Liam spoke for the first time.
"Huh?" Theo looked at him.
"Theo give her little. He is crying alot. He will get sick... Pls I can't see him like this" Tears fell from his eyes. Theo hesitated but eventually gave up.
"Take care of him" Liam said and ran towards his room.
"Leah we'll talk about this tomorrow and don't even think of leaving" Dom warned her and left.
Flashback ends
While this turmoil happened which broke liams heart and the last hope of to get his son back was now gone. He was completely destroyed and shattered.

(Has Liam lost his son forever? Is Leah going to be his mother now or even... Luna?)