YoungK (Day6)

Hey it's one of those one shots I wrote leading up to new years! It's not holiday themed though, obviously. Enjoy ^^

¤°¤°¤

Working at a convenience store was definitely convenient, but it wasn't the best job ever. You had to do almost everything since you were one of the few people working there and everyone else slacked off. But you also got a little bit more in your paycheck for it, so you didn't mind. You were a broke college student so any money was better than no money.

It was pretty late at night and you had the night shift. Which meant you had a lot of down time to study. There was a couple people who came in for random little things but for the most part, you got to be alone with music and your notes.

You were writing down formulas that you needed to remember when you heard the door ring. You looked up, "Hello." It was a guy in a baseball cap and t-shirt, he reminded you of someone but then again math is more important right now. Right, formulas.

"Hi, you used to go to 'home town school', right?" You finally made eye contact with baseball cap and nodded, "It's Brian! We were sat next to each other from like 3rd to 6th grade! And then I moved but hey!"

You sat there, wide eyed as you realized who he was. This was your childhood crush. You were so sad when he moved but you never did anything about it. You were a kid so it didn't matter. He walked away to actually get what he came in for so you tried to refocus on math.

Who am I kidding? You got one look at his face and you felt butterflies erupt in your stomach. He's still so cute but like not 10 now and even better looking. You sighed and shook your head, it's been way too long. Why would you still have a crush on him?

You stood up as he set his items on the counter. "Did you find everything you we're looking for?"

He laughed and you looked up at him, "Yeah, I did." And then he winked at you. You immediately looked down and scanned the items.

'Did he know I had I crush on him? Did he like me too?' were the thoughts running through your head. "That'll be $7.56."

He handed over 8 dollar, "Keep the change. Bye Y/n." He waved as he left the store and you sat back down in front of your books.

"What the hell just happened?"

•••

"Okay this is like the 6th day you've come in here. You buy the same thing every time and have a little with me. What are you doing?" Brian looked up from where he was sat in the store and smiled at you.

"Y/n, I'm just trying to get to know you."

"If I didn't already know who you were, I would've called the police about a stalker."

"What if I told you I was just nervous?" He looked down at the table and smiled.

"Why would you be nervous?" You asked, far more quiet than before.

"I've been wanting to ask you out. Honestly since we were little but like, I moved." You nodded, "Should I get on with that?"

"What?" You realized what he said and turned around, "Oh...." You started walking back to the counter, "You can try."

You heard the chair scrap across the floor and felt a hand grab yours. "Y/n, I really like you." You turned around to look at him. "And I think it would be really cool if you would go out with me. So... will you?"

"Man sixth grade Y/n would be so jealous of me right now. Of course, I would love to go out with you."

"So you did have a crush on me back then!" I laughed and nodded, "Wow we both suck. But I'm happy I get to date you now and not when we couldn't do anything."

"Me too."

°¤°¤°

see ya later