Xiao (Up10tion)

a short, fluffy xiao thing for you all

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I propped myself up on my bed and pulled out my phone, dialing Xiao's number. I wiped away my tears and steadied my voice as I waited for him to pick up. "Hello?"

I smiled when I finally heard his voice, "Xiao?"

"Hi, Ara." He paused before speaking again, "Are you okay?"

I sniffled away from my phone as quietly as I could and let out a weak laugh, "I'm fine." I flipped onto my back and sighed, "Tell me about your day."

I heard muffled shuffling on the other side of the phone, "I've been running around all day. I just got home actually."

"Why were you running around?"

I heard a door creak open and click shut, "I had a lot of errands to run today, some simple stuff but it was all over the place. Plus I had to drop off a package at the post office to send to my mom and it was super busy today."

I curled up on my side and pulled a blanket up to my chin, "Sounds like you had a busy day. Are you tired?"

He sighed, "A little. I think I'm going to lay down for a bit."

I let out a low, "Oh." I held back the tears that were threatening to escape and tried to smile, "I'll let you rest then."

He yawned, "I'll call you back when I wake up, okay?"

I bit my lip and nodded, "Okay." I whispered, my voice wanting to break. I heard the phone click and I felt a tear slip down my cheek. I pulled my blanket up over my head and starting crying once again.

Not even a minute passed before someone was knocking at my door. I swiped away my tears and checked myself in a mirror. My eyes were red and puffy and my hair looked like a knotted mess. I patted my face, there was no use trying to hide anything, it would be too obvious I was trying to hide something.

I opened the door as the person started to knock again and peaked around the door, "Xiao?" He walked right into my room and sat on my bed. "I thought you were tired?"

He shook his head, "I just wanted to surprise you. I knew you wouldn't ask for me to come over." He opened his arms up to me, "Come here."

I walked up to him cautiously but he grabbed me as soon as he could and pulled me close. His arms rested on my hips as he looked up at me, "Why did you come here?" I mumbled, running my fingers through his hair.

"Because I know you're having a bad day and just want to have someone hold." I looked up and let out a shaky sigh as I finally released everything I had been holding in. Xiao guided me back down to my bed and laid down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me as I continued to shake with tears, kissing my forehead sweetly as he cradled my head to his chest. "I love you and if you need me to just hold you while you cry, I will do that. You can always ask me and I will be here for you. Ara, I love you so much and I hope you know that."

I nodded as I continued to cry. "I love you too," I managed to choke out between sobs. "I just, I don't want to be a burden to you."

"You'll never be a burden to me."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

hope you enjoyed this! byee