Kogyeol (Up10tion)

Hello, it me. With a double update because I don't want these in my drafts anymore. I hope you like it!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I walked into school that day expecting the usual. Sure, maybe I expected something out of the ordinary but never did I expect to be so directly involved.

"You, Minsoo, are asking me, Sora, to prom?" I scanned the balloons that had fallen out of my locker, kicking away one that was sitting on the others. I looked back up and him and laughed, "Was this a mistake? Did you mean to fill Seohyun's locker and got the wrong locker open? Because I admire your want to not look stupid but you don't need to take it this far."

But he just smiled like this was all going the way he expected, "Sora, this was completely on purpose."

"So who dared you? Because honestly," I took a glance at the small crowd of friends watching us, "That's the only way to explain all of this."

Minsoo looked ready to reply when the first bell rang and everyone started for their classes.

I moved to walk to my class and Minsoo was right by my side. We got stuck in the same first-period class but normally we wouldn't be walking together. Then again, this isn't really a normal day. I looked up at the side of his face and rolled my eyes, "Everyone who cares is gone now, you can tell me it's a joke."

"It really isn't a joke, Sora. I just thought prom would be more fun if I took you as my date."

Now I could make a joke and say that his words literally tripped me up, sending me flailing to the ground. But that would be a lie and would completely discredit the absolute morons sliding their bags across the hall. I could also make a joke and say that Minsoo magically caught me before I met the floor, saving me from my terrible fate. But that would also be a lie.

I fell on my forearm, thankfully managing to avoid face to tile impact. I rolled onto my back with my arm in my hand and I glared at the two boys. They grabbed their bags and ran as Minsoo helped me off the floor. "Do you want to go to the nurse?"

I looked over my arm and shrugged, "It's just a little dusty, I'll be fine." I looked up and caught Minsoo staring at me. Maybe he was trying to gauge my reaction I thought about what we were talking about and laughed, "You know, I was under the impression that you hated me."

I half expected a witty reply, something to confirm that what I was suspecting wasn't real. But all I got was, "Yeah, well. Times change." And then he slipped into the classroom, a small smile lingering on his lips.

Why am I staring at his lips?

I walked into class right as the bell rang, now stuck trying to decipher what was actually going on while also trying to understand AP chemistry.

Now listen, Minsoo and I, we have a strange relationship. We are friends, sort of, and enemies, sort of. We never really made that whole thing clear so obviously, this came as a surprise for me. I mean, this is the same kid that decided to make it his goal to embarrass me in front of the guy I liked just to ruin my chances. Which, according to him, was practically nonexistent so it wasn't really that terrible.

But maybe he had other motivation to mess with my chances? Maybe that was just because he liked me? I mean, that's very middle school boy of him but still! Or maybe I'm reading to much into this?

Where did this even come from? Could I really trust what he was saying? Did I even want to trust him?

Dear god, do I like Minsoo?

No, that is not possible. It's Go Minsoo! We don't even like each other, we barely tolerate each other! Why would I ever like him?

And why would he ever like me?