Young K (Day6)

Hello! I won't ramble for long since this is already gonna be a long story!

But I need to mention that this story gets pretty dark. If you are easily triggered by mentions of death/suicide, please do not read this! I have plenty of other fluffy posts for you to enjoy! Obviously, there is nothing too gruesome within this story, I just feel the need to warn people just in case.

With that being said, I'll let you get to reading!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

I stared down the street that was once filled with children screaming and playing, the silence was now deafening to my ears. People were either hiding in their houses, in the city getting their fate determined, or already dead. I looked over at my house and felt a tear roll down my cheek. Grandpa was already dead, the government had decided he was too old and therefore not worth the resources that were already so limited. Mom and Dad were called into the city today for their evaluation. Dad had a bad knee and we already knew what would end up happening to him. I swept away the tears that had started streaming down my face and ran for my front porch. We already said our goodbyes, unsure if we would ever get to see each other again. I cried like a little kid then and I know it made them feel guilty for having to leave me. This wasn't their fault, they were just as scared as I was. Now I just needed to be strong for all of us, as strong as I can be at least.

"Mom?" I croaked, poking my head in to see if she was home yet. I knew she would be okay, she was a strong woman. She would likely be useful to the government in some way.

My voice echoed through the house, reminding me that they wouldn't be home for another hour at least. If they were to come home that is. I sighed and sat on the steps of my porch, watching the street and waiting. Waiting for just about anything.

A car drove slowly down the street and pulled into the neighboring house. A young man stepped out from the back seat and made eye contact with me.

"Luna."

"Younghyun."

He slowly approached my house but still kept a large distance between us, staying on the edge of his property. He was making sure his house was easy to flee to, in case our conversation turned violent. "How are you today?" He was polite, charming in fact. In any other situation, I'd probably have a crush on the guy. But now I can't see that side of him without thinking about who he's connected to, not after everything that happened to Grandpa.

"Just waiting to see if your father decided to kill my parents too. You know, since Grandpa just wasn't enough heartache for me." I said, making my voice sound enthusiastic while my eyes revealed how dead inside I felt.

Younghyun sighed, "Luna, you know I can't control what my father chooses. And it's not his fault that the world went to hell! He just has to do what is best for everyone."

I stood up and glared at him, "You don't get to talk, Younghyun. You still have your family, no one has been ripped away from you." I looked away from him and let out a breathy laugh, "You just don't understand how painful it is. You can't see how horrible this world has become in the past month," I cried. "I don't care if it's not his fault. But he doesn't care about the lives he's ruining and that's not something I can forgive." I quickly turned into my house and slammed the door shut behind me, a loud end to a conversation I never wanted.

I collapsed to the ground a few feet away from the door, my body shaking with tears.

I missed Grandpa. He would know exactly what to say to make everything okay again. He would be able to make me feel better. He always managed to do at least that much for me.