chapter 4

We are driving to the park, I'm in the passenger seat of Blake car with Eldon and Acher safely in the backseat.

Blake got this car last year, he didn't pay or receive it as a gift, he fought for it. He fights in an underground boxing championship, which of course is utterly illegal, but he doesn't care he needs money to survive.

I don't like the idea but I can't argue with him, his life is as shitty as mine and I understand him completely.

We reach the park after 20 minutes. We walk to our spot and set our things on the grass. We sat there and talk about anything and everything.

We don't mention our burden at home. We all have our owns problems here and we try our best to deal with it. We have shitty family's, we go through a lot but we are lucky enough to survive. Maybe we were made to be best friend's.

After an incredible refreshing time at the park, we drove to Aven house and had teenagers games as before. They don't smoke nor drink because of the children, and I'm thankful for that.

After our fun time, I decide that it's time for us to go home.
It's 7 PM already and it's pitch black outside and colder than earlier. We say goodbye and step outside.

Now we're in Blake's car, heading home, suddenly, 'Girls like you' by Maroon 5 starts playing on the radio, it's Eldon's faourite song.

"Hey baby ,do you know that song?" I turn around and ask her, she thinks and says. "Yeah, gurl like you," she answers cutely. I see the smile on Blake's face. His eyes still glued on the road.

When we reach the front of the house, the first thing I notice is that the lights are on which give me goosebumps.

"Well, we're here," He announces.

"Thank you for driving us, Blake," I say while thinking about what to do. I won't lie, I'm afraid to get inside, I'm afraid of the surprise I can have.

Blake saw the frown on my face and asks, "Are you okay, Aiden?"No, I'm not ready!

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I clear my throat and say, "Well I think that it's time for us to get out of your car, thank you, Blake," I don't want to get out of his car, it's so comfortable.

"Yeah," he says.

"Do you want me to accompany you to the door?" It's tempting.

"Umm... no, I can manage," I say, reassuring him.

I open the door but he stops me by grabbing my arm. "If you need anything, no matter what, you call me okay?" 

"Yes, okay," with that, I go out and open the back door to grab Acher and his bag, also helping Eldon.

Then we stand on the front yard and wave at Blake. I wait for his car to disappear, then I approach the main door, feeling my heart beating louder. I'm not feeling well, right now.

I open the door as silently as possible. I enter the living room and see Ellen. She's on the couch, smoking I-don't-know-what. She starts speaking without looking at me.

"Where have you been?" she asks, rather serenely. 

"With some friends," I answer. 

She nods as if she's understanding.

"Why the children were with you?" What is this stupid question. Well I thought that she was intelligent for a former doctor, but apparently all her smokes and drinks have burned her brain.

"Is it even a question?" I ask.

"Why the children were with you?" She asks, a little bit aloud.

"What should I have done, leave them here alone in the house?" Anger is making its way through me.

"It's better than taking them at your fucking place where you make money," I'm taken aback by what she says. Does she think that I do prostitution? She's insane!

"I will never take them to places that are dangerous," I haven't let go of Eldon's hand since we entered the living room.

"Unlike you, I'm responsible towards the people that I love," her face is deadpan, but I can tell that she's getting angry.

"What did you say?" She stands up and put her cigarette in a silver bowl. "What the fuck did you just say?" She shouts in front of my face. I feel Acher flinch in my arms.

"I said that you're a negligent person, who only fucking care about yourself."

I don't have time to process what is happening, because it happens too fast.

One minute I feel a grip in my hair and then my head starts aching badly. I open my eyes, I'm on the floor, how I landed on the floor? Acher was in my arms... Oh no, Acher! I'm trying to regain full consciousness. 

When the blur disappeared from my eyes, I take a moment to examine the room. Acher is next to Eldon, both crying. They're sitting on the cold floor.

I'm trying to reassure them but I can't say a word. I feel so vulnerable.

Footsteps bring me back to the reality. When I look from where it's coming, I gulp painfully. Ellen is now in front of me, with a thick leather wire in her hands. "Get your clothes off."

"No," I answer faintly.

"Get your damn clothes off or I'll hit her with that so hard that she'll die here," she shouts at me.

"You don't want to be the reason for your sister's death, right?" she is insane. I won't let her touch them. I'll protect them. With every strength that I have, I start pulling my clothes off, my limbs are hurting and burning with each movement.

"Get your pants off too," I give her a dark glance and start pulling my pants off as well.

"Now stand up and put your hands against the wall," I struggle to stand up but I do it. I turn around and look at the children who are crying, this breaks my heart.

"Close your eyes babies ple-..." I don't have time to continue my sentence when the wire makes contact with my back. I wince, trying not to scream.

I felt a pang in my stomach, I can't breath properly. With each stroke, my strength is leaving me. I feel numb, praying that it's the end. "Please... st-op..." I whisper.

After several minutes of torturing me, she finally stopped. I instantly fall on the cold marble.

"This will show you to shut your mouth next time," she says and walks upstairs as if nothing happened.

"Edon," I turn my head towards Eldon who looks traumatized. With the little strength that I have left I take them in my embrace and cry.

- Hey there how are you guys?... Here's chapter 4. Hope you enjoyed it.

What is going to happen to Aiden in the next chapter? Friday you'll know everything love's.

If you like the story so far please leave your thoughts and vote. And if you really appreciate my chapter's follow me. It will means a lot. Feel free to message me...

Thank you everyone <3

Emily X