chapter 33

Have you ever lie on your back and look at the ceiling while thinking of a million of things? Well, I do it often when I'm usually sad, angry or perhaps, tired of my life.

I'm in this room– mine this time– for as long as I don't even know it myself. After Jack's final departure, I wasn't feeling well, I felt nauseous and oddly dizzy. I was happy and relieved to know that I won't see his satanic face again, but his words and his mad voice are blocked and engraved in my head.

Black has eventually seen the change in my behaviour. He was concerned, he thought I had the flu or an infection, indeed, I do have an infection, but my infection can't be cured... my heart can't be cured and my life can't be cured either.

Sometimes people say that I'm  strong because I've been through a lot blah blah blah, but if they look at it more closely they'll understand that I'm not strong at all, I'm just a pathetic girl whose family is now like a broken vase.

I'm just a seventeen– nearly, eighteen years old girl without a freaking future. I don't have a dad to whom I can say the four beautiful words ; "I love you, dad," Those four words that bring sparkles into his eyes, and maybe it can bring tears, then, he'll reply proudly ; "I love you too, my daughter."

I don't have a mom, to whom I can talk about my day, about my love life, about what terrifies me at night or just the simple but heartwarming things; doing our hairs together, shopping together and watch forbidden movies while eating junk food.

I want to chuckle to myself when I think about this, but then I know that this is my destiny, I won't be able to change anything even if I wanted to.

"Aiden?" I hear the deep voice of Blake behind the close door.

"Can I get in?" He asks, when he realises that I'm not going to reply, he opens the door quietly and invade the room with his scent.

He closes the door and he steps at my side of the bed and sits down at the edge.

"Are you feeling better?" He asks and places his cold hand on my forehead, the contact of his cold hand on my skin makes me slightly flinch.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I whisper.

I could have told him that I'm not fine at all, but I don't want him to be worried about me, I don't want him to feel bad because of me, and even though we're dating sometimes things are better when you don't say too much.

He sighs and says, "I know you're not fine. What is happening, is it your period or are you having the flu for real?"

"No, none of these, Blake, I'm just... exhausted," I reply.
I didn't know what to say so I guess exhausted is preferable, and I'm not lying, I'm actually really exhausted, the kind of exhaustion that makes you want to sleep and never wake up.

"A few hours ago you we're completely fine, baby, you prepared breakfast– although the eggs and the cake was... burnt– but still, you were fine, you were talking, and now you're like an almost dead elephant," He  chuckles when he says the word elephant.

"So now I'm an elephant?" I ask.

"Yeah, but you're the most beautiful, sexy elephant," He whispers and lowers himself so that he's almost hovering my lying body.

When he's face is inches from mine he gently places his forehead against mine while his hand is massaging my side.
I never thought that it would be so good to be forehead against forehead with someone, this feeling and this warm is utterly weird but pleasant.

"When I was younger I used to do that with my little brother," He murmurs, his breath tickles my lips like the feather of a bird.

"What?" I murmur back.